Rph IV certification

Started by gambit78
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gambit78

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I have never worked in a hospital pharmacy, I was wondering, do pharmacists even get IV certified anymore? I took a course in 2008 and got certified though I never landed a hospital gig so it helped with nothing. I don't even know if it expired.

Do hospitals even look to see if a pharmacist is certified? I heard the trend was hospitals not offering certifications and depending on staff to already be certified (techs only now?)
 
For IV room rph or floor? Either way if that is part of your job I'm sure they have their own training program to make sure you're 797 compliant and etc.

As a "clinical" person all I had to do was know how to mix basic iv's and do multiple admixtures into a cultured medium.