RPVI exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benton

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here taken the RPVI exam for vascular ultrasound? If so, what did you study and can you recommend any study guides, practice questions etc.? Your help is much appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I used Cleveland clinic board review course + Zweibel vascular ultrasound textbook (focused reading of subject matter I was not familiar with)

I passed comfortably. Spend extra time focusing on physics-Its probably the easiest exam most cardiologists these days will take.

Its a gift that keeps on giving tho...they want a $100 every year from here to maintain your "RPVI" status.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it about 3 years ago. It was a piece of cake. They quote a 98% pass rate. I read the textbook by Zwiebel (great text) and took a 2 day course with a guy named Sidney Edelman (EPS inc). He basically knows what questions are on the test and focuses the review on that. His course travels, so look him up. HIs site is http://www.esp-inc.com

How many cases do you need to log to sit for the exam?