Rude email from financial aid office...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldjoe97

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Needless to say I am aware that I am being a worrywart and just plain neurotic but I wanted to see what SDN thought. I recently got accepted at one of my top choices and I am so excited and incredibly grateful.

[removed for privacy]

I am a little hurt, frustrated, and have yet to respond. Of course I was there on interview day and of course I paid attention. I was asking to be sure, not to be a nuisance. I'm just hoping I didn't offend them and they aren't going to report me to the dean for being dumb or inattentive.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do not overthink, you are accepted and you got your answers. You cannot make everyone happy, you will not be able to, and you do not have to.

Reactions: 1 users
Needless to say I am aware that I am being a worrywart and just plain neurotic but I wanted to see what SDN thought. I recently got accepted at one of my top choices and I am so excited and incredibly grateful.

Being that FAFSA opened up yesterday, I sent an email to the financial aid office today asking exactly 3 questions about aid and what to do. I wanted to make sure that I was doing everything right. After all, I am going to pay a hefty amount of money to them so I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. The following are the emails in paraphrase.

My email sounded something like this:
"Hello, my name is Oldjoe97 (insert pertinent school specific info here). I just had a couple of questions about FAFSA:
1. Should I be filling out FAFSA based on myself or my parents? (insert stuff about job, tax dependents, etc)
2. Will I be awarded loans or will I specify which type I need?*
3. What are programs I should look into for loan forgiveness?**

Please take your time getting back to me.
"
*Note I graduated from my undergrad debt free and didn't have to worry about loans because of a scholarship. I have no idea how they work.
**I was looking for specific recommendations, hence this question

In their emailed response a couple hours later, they addressed all of my questions (which is very helpful) but then ended their email with something that sounded like this: "Since you asked these questions, it sounds like you missed the presentation on interview day where all of these questions were already answered."

I am a little hurt, frustrated, and have yet to respond. Of course I was there on interview day and of course I paid attention. I was asking to be sure, not to be a nuisance. I'm just hoping I didn't offend them and they aren't going to report me to the dean for being dumb or inattentive.
I understand that this is a nerve-wracking experience, but if you wish to survive in a career in medicine, you are definitely going to have to grow a thicker skin

Reactions: 7 users
Dude/chick,

Toughen up. It was a throwaway line and you got what you needed.

Move on

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.