Rugers - New Brunswick Postbacc??

Started by weaselb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

weaselb

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know anything about Rutgers (New Brunswick) postbacc program? Any insight would be greatly appreciated?
 
yeah I am undergrad here and besides the cost I was told the one at UMDNJ is much better than the one at Rutgers...
 
tania6541 said:
yeah I am undergrad here and besides the cost I was told the one at UMDNJ is much better than the one at Rutgers...

Do you know why the one at UMDNJ is better? I wasn't aware that UMDNJ had a postbacc premed program. I only saw that they had a masters in Biomedical Sciences. It's been 9 to 11 years since I've taken the prereqs, so I'm basically starting from scratch with the sciences. I saw that the Rutgers - New Brunswick Program is pretty structured in terms of program layout. They offer advising as well as MCAT prep workshops. Could you provide any more details?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well in your case with no premed sciences rutgers post bac might be a different story but from the impression she gave me about the program...she told me that I was better off looking at other schools...There is a very selective one a Bryn Mawr...a little expensive but from what I have heard well worth the effort
 
I am finishin up the postbac premed program at rutgers-new brunswick this semester. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have.
 
hopster said:
I am finishin up the postbac premed program at rutgers-new brunswick this semester. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have.
I'm in the process of applying to some post bacc programs in the NY-NJ-PA area. Was it difficult to be accepted to the rutgers program? I have a GPA of 3.7 but I didn't take any standerdized tests (SAT, ACT, GRE ect.). I have an appointment with the director of the program in the near future, is there anything that I should know?
Thanks 🙂