Rules for Student Organizations

Started by Sparda29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, question for other pharmacy students out there. Does your school allow organizations on campus that have no pharmacy purpose? I wanna start a MSA (Muslim Student Association) at my school, but I'm not quite sure if they allow these at the graduate level. I know LIU definitely had one, and there were pharmacy students in it, but LIU was a university and the pharmacy school was just part of it.
 
My pharm school (and prob. most others) are schools within a university....like if LIU had a pharm school...so they have 'non-academic' groups like the chess club, Korean Students Association, etc. I strongly doubt they would have a problem with a 'non-academic' group...just ask them.
 
You could always make it the Muslim Pharmacy Students Association. I mean, they have Pharmacists for Christ, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meh, they directed me to the student handbook, which says that organizations are supposed to be dedicated to the advancement of the pharmacy profession. The other club I wanna start is gonna have to be underground though, as it is kind of illegal. (Motorsports club.)

Your school doesn't have groups unrelated to Pharmacy Practice? If so, that is incredibly stupid. All schools I know of do...don't you have a Lacrosse Club, Break Dancing Club, stupid stuff like that? Wow....wait-to stifle student initiatives, ingenuity, and creativity...that rule in and of itself is an impediment to the advancement of the profession because it restricts the leadership development of soon-to-be pharmacists.
 
Your school doesn't have groups unrelated to Pharmacy Practice? If so, that is incredibly stupid. All schools I know of do...don't you have a Lacrosse Club, Break Dancing Club, stupid stuff like that? Wow....wait-to stifle student initiatives, ingenuity, and creativity...that rule in and of itself is an impediment to the advancement of the profession because it restricts the leadership development of soon-to-be pharmacists.

Well, actually, the school just opened last year so, it's gonna take a bit to start this stuff up.
 
Meh, they directed me to the student handbook, which says that organizations are supposed to be dedicated to the advancement of the pharmacy profession. The other club I wanna start is gonna have to be underground though, as it is kind of illegal. (Motorsports club.)

If that's the rule, then no, you cannot have a Muslim Student Association.

That stuff is for undergrads, anyways.

And why in the world would you try to start an illegal club if you want to be a pharmacist?? With all the **** you've posted on this board about you doing (counseling patients without a license, driving 140 mph [as if, but still], starting illegal organizations) I wouldn't be surprised if it bites you in the butt sometime soon here.
 
At UF, professional organizations must advocate the advancement of pharmacy and provide something to the community in order to be funded, in part, from Student Activity Fees. However, if you don't want funding and enough interest exists, any other group may be created, if it is inclusive of the entire student body.

So is your Muslim group going to allow "anyone" to join?
 
If that's the rule, then no, you cannot have a Muslim Student Association.

That stuff is for undergrads, anyways.

And why in the world would you try to start an illegal club if you want to be a pharmacist?? With all the **** you've posted on this board about you doing (counseling patients without a license, driving 140 mph [as if, but still], starting illegal organizations) I wouldn't be surprised if it bites you in the butt sometime soon here.

Eh, it's illegal if we do it on the street, but I've heard of some tracks and legal drag racing strips around the area.
 
If that's the rule, then no, you cannot have a Muslim Student Association.

That stuff is for undergrads, anyways.

And why in the world would you try to start an illegal club if you want to be a pharmacist?? With all the **** you've posted on this board about you doing (counseling patients without a license, driving 140 mph [as if, but still], starting illegal organizations) I wouldn't be surprised if it bites you in the butt sometime soon here.



:meanie::meanie::meanie: