Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
Long time lurker that has been considering various health care careers for a long time. I'll be graduating with my BA biology with a 3.84GPA this May and have to get serious about one career or another. I'm basically stuck between Anesthesiologist Assistant or Pharmacist. To be honest, I like the terminal field degree that the PharmD represents, but the saturation of the job market concerns me.
I would probably shoot for a 3 yr program if I went the PharmD route.
Also, I GREATLY prefer rural living (I'm from a town of only about 1500 originally) so I assume that is generally helpful. I'm also entirely willing to move anywhere in the US.
So here is a general breakdown of my situation
BA Biology with 80,000k debt (huge mistake I know)
AA
2.5 years education
110-130k starting
market beginning to saturate
more interesting job to me personally
more difficult admission
mid-level provider
PharmD
3-4 years education
80-115k starting (hospital/retail)
market highly saturated apparently
less interesting job to me (I've worked at CVS as a teenager), but more interesting base material to me
less difficult admission
terminal career degree
Any thoughts?
Long time lurker that has been considering various health care careers for a long time. I'll be graduating with my BA biology with a 3.84GPA this May and have to get serious about one career or another. I'm basically stuck between Anesthesiologist Assistant or Pharmacist. To be honest, I like the terminal field degree that the PharmD represents, but the saturation of the job market concerns me.
I would probably shoot for a 3 yr program if I went the PharmD route.
Also, I GREATLY prefer rural living (I'm from a town of only about 1500 originally) so I assume that is generally helpful. I'm also entirely willing to move anywhere in the US.
So here is a general breakdown of my situation
BA Biology with 80,000k debt (huge mistake I know)
AA
2.5 years education
110-130k starting
market beginning to saturate
more interesting job to me personally
more difficult admission
mid-level provider
PharmD
3-4 years education
80-115k starting (hospital/retail)
market highly saturated apparently
less interesting job to me (I've worked at CVS as a teenager), but more interesting base material to me
less difficult admission
terminal career degree
Any thoughts?