Rush Cardiology Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperDO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a DO at a community program here in Chicago with excellent boards and letters hoping to get into Rush for cards fellowship. Are there any fellows who are there currently or recent graduates that can comment on their selection process. Are they a DO friendly institution or will being a DO make it very difficult to have a chance. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also do they require USMLE as I have taken COMLEX?

Members don't see this ad.

In response, I would look elsewhere. This is not a strong program in either reputation, or more importantly procedural volumes. They have accepted and trained DOs there, but you will have to be quite competitive to have a shot. The most attractive thing by far about this program when I was in Chicago quite a few years ago was the fact that it was in Chicago. If the program was in a smaller less "desirable" city it would not be on the map. The PD is unpleasant and not to be trusted. Apply widely and you are likely to do much better than Rush if you keep your mind open about where you are interested in training.:thumbdown:

OP, I think it is worth a shot. You may want to email their program coordinator and ask whether they accept the COMLEX and stating that you are a DO and only took COMLEX. It sounds like you really want to be in Chicago. I interviewed there a few years back and didn't get that terrible of an impression. I think it's worth a look. I'm not saying the above comments are unjustified, it just seems like OP is really interested and I haven't heard or seen anything super terrible about the program. OP I'm also going to PM you.