Quantcast

Rush MS Biotechnology Vs. RFUMS MS Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reach 4 the Sky

Chicity27
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My initial goal was to start medical school in the fall of 2012 unfortunately my MCAT was as up to par as it should of been (27R) and my gpa was a bit below average (3.49, sciGPA 3.62).

I decided to apply to Rush University MS Biotechnology and Rosalind Franklins MS Biomedical Sciences. This decision was made because it allows me to do something that might excel my AMCAS application if I do well in either program.

I was admitted into both, but am not sure which one would be more beneficial for me to attend if I plan to reapply for med school in the next cycle (Fall 2013).

Does anyone know which program is more beneficial for those planning to enter medical school after the one year Masters?

Luelinks

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My initial goal was to start medical school in the fall of 2012 unfortunately my MCAT was as up to par as it should of been (27R) and my gpa was a bit below average (3.49, sciGPA 3.62).

I decided to apply to Rush University MS Biotechnology and Rosalind Franklins MS Biomedical Sciences. This decision was made because it allows me to do something that might excel my AMCAS application if I do well in either program.

I was admitted into both, but am not sure which one would be more beneficial for me to attend if I plan to reapply for med school in the next cycle (Fall 2013).

Does anyone know which program is more beneficial for those planning to enter medical school after the one year Masters?

Tough to say, but statistically Rush just might be a better option.

MD2BHA

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is kinda random lol but I was curious about which program you went with?