Rush - thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nope80

Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about this program? In searching I found reviews from years ago. Was wondering how this compares to other IM programs in IL as well as east coast? Is this considered a mid tier? Any particular feelings/thoughts/concerns? Appreciate it:)

Members don't see this ad.

interviewed there in 07 and was underwhelmed. It seemed like a once-great program that was fading. Big plus, though is Cook/Stroger time!

Long time reader, first time poster.

A big trend that I've noticed is for some reason the Rush interview day is "underwhelming" to many people (I know a few people that liked UIC's better and actually ranked Rush lower because of it). But I think we should all be careful and realize that the actual quality of a program, for better or worse, may not correlate with the quality of the interview day. I actually did an away rotation at Rush this year....I loved it. It had a similar feel to my medical school in terms of the people (great), environment, teaching (great on my rotation) etc. All the residents I got to know were really happy. It's a big program, so its definitely not for everyone. From what I know, they provide good support to help plan for fellowship, although I didn't get a chance to see the actual match list. New hospital opening next year. Lots of money, good benefits. Ancillary services were on point. Hope that helps a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought Kappa Sig was really weak. The Phi Delts are a bunch of thugs and the Sig Eps are elitist d-bags.

pup_lol.jpg