Rush University Master Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oralcav711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about doing a master of Biotechnology Program at Rush University. Does anyone completed this program successfully got acceptance into dental school?

any advice or comments about this program?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually already applied to this program, but I don't know anything about how hard it is to get in. Do you know anything about average GPA/MCAT/DAT?

I also applied, but i haven't heard anything about it....Does anyone know??

Members don't see this ad :)
This program is fairly new and the average stats are not available on their website. The cGPA requirement is 3.0/4.0. I am in the process of applying right now.

Does anyone contacted you since you both applied? how much is the application fee?

No, i haven't been contacted yet. And to be honest I don't remember what the app fee was, it wasn't anything to outrageous though. Hopefully I'll be hearing something back soon

if anyone has any questions just let me know, im in the program right now. attached is the brochure that may answer some questions. its a great program though, i'm really enjoying it!

Attachments

• Biotechnology Program Brochure final.pdf
    354.7 KB · Views: 451
Could you please tell me how much is the total cost of this program? Do you like the faculty, are they approachable? Your class size?

total tuition cost for 2009-2010 (9 months) was around 25k. the faculty are all very nice, approachable, friendly and really want the students to succeed and do well. my class size is 24 students with a few who are part time. we also take some classes with other Rush PhD students.

Rush is a fantastic school. My dad is a professor there :)

You'll see plenty of UIC dental students at the Rush library, say hi to them!

I like this program becuase if you don't end up getting into MD, you have a backup...

The website says that 90% either get a job or get into a phD program or MD or DDS or DO or pharmD or whatever they wanted but does anyone know if Rush favors the masters graduates like other SMP's?

Also, if you do this program are you pretty much guaranteeing yourself a gap year?

I recently got accepted in the program. I'm coming from GA, so prob staying at Center Court Gardens. Anyone else def going to this program?

since the Master degree is "Biotechnology" not BioMed, are you sure it works for Dental School Grad GPA ? I am very interested in this program, just want to make sure , thanks all !