RUSH vs Rutgers NJMS vs Quinnipiac Netter

Started by 12509T
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

12509T

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am really struggling to make a choice so if anyone has some time and/or thoughts to share that would be so helpful!!


NJMS
  • PROS
    • location! Close to family and friends
    • 20k scholarship!
    • PF
    • Urban/diverse patient population and community oriented which is my direct interest
    • strong match list
  • CONS (not sure there are many cons)
    • I guess the facilities are not as nice?

RUSH
  • PROS
    • Chicago seems great - i think I would really like it
    • Community service oriented and also urban/underserved environment
    • Don't need a car
  • CONS
    • far from family and support system
    • no scholarship (yet?)
    • not as much matching to the northeast?
    • Weather - not looking forward to the windy cold
Netter
  • PROS
    • 30k scholarship!
    • Really enjoyed my interview and the feel of the school from that
    • great match list
    • close-ish to family still
  • CONS
    • not sure how great NewHaven/Camden is?
    • Not very urban environment - a bit different than the urban underserved population I am hoping to be in
    • small(er) class size
    • No home hospital or residency programs (still great matching though)
    • Need a car

I will be going to each second look day so I'll have more of a feel for both soon.

Any insight would be incredibly helpful. Thanks so muchhh
 
Last edited: