Rusted brain cells

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NerdyAndrea

Pre-Med Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else feel some days that their brain cells are a little rusty especially the night before a test?

I'm typing out the one page of biostats notes I am allowed and writing my equations by hand I've already written the notes by hand, no nerve wracked but a bit ancy and hoping it goes smooth.

Some days I wonder how I kept up with classes even 3 years ago!
 
Mine definitely seem a bit rusty these days. I don't feel as sharp/quick as a used to be, but I'm actually attributing that to lack of enough physical activity more than age (although the lower physical activity might have something to do with age... 😳) It seems to get better during spans when I've got a good workout routine going. Even in high school I used to do better during my swim season when my schedule was 10 times more insane trying to fit in studying around 15-20 hrs of workouts and meets a week.
 
You know I am looking for a pool unfortunately the school doesn't have one, I am going to see if they have agreements with a local pool. I have a badly injured back and while I walked about 3 miles a day doing anything with high impact is out.

Thanks for reminding me of swimming. Which makes me think of water aerobics. I do love going swimming. Yeah I do better on the days I am walking which is 5 days a week I don't on Saturdays and Sundays.

A
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rusty brain cells??!!



129056566296016348.jpg
 
Last edited:
I get creaky brain cell syndrome too from time to time. But keep oiling that joint and she'll keep running, even if you may need a few more pitstops than the young 'uns.
 
Lol yes I am definitely keeping them oiled as I keep learning things they get a little less creaky. I used to think that ten years didn't make a difference, but yes I have to go over things a few more times.

My Biostats teacher allows us one sheet of nots for a test, I finished my test and felt pretty good about it. My friend tells me today you're so smart and so fast I looked at her, and said no way, my one sheet of notes did it or me.

I cannot imagine trying to dredge it up by memory.