Rusted brain cells

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NerdyAndrea

Pre-Med Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel some days that their brain cells are a little rusty especially the night before a test?

I'm typing out the one page of biostats notes I am allowed and writing my equations by hand I've already written the notes by hand, no nerve wracked but a bit ancy and hoping it goes smooth.

Some days I wonder how I kept up with classes even 3 years ago!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine definitely seem a bit rusty these days. I don't feel as sharp/quick as a used to be, but I'm actually attributing that to lack of enough physical activity more than age (although the lower physical activity might have something to do with age... :oops:) It seems to get better during spans when I've got a good workout routine going. Even in high school I used to do better during my swim season when my schedule was 10 times more insane trying to fit in studying around 15-20 hrs of workouts and meets a week.

You know I am looking for a pool unfortunately the school doesn't have one, I am going to see if they have agreements with a local pool. I have a badly injured back and while I walked about 3 miles a day doing anything with high impact is out.

Thanks for reminding me of swimming. Which makes me think of water aerobics. I do love going swimming. Yeah I do better on the days I am walking which is 5 days a week I don't on Saturdays and Sundays.

A

Members don't see this ad :)
Rusty brain cells??!!

129056566296016348.jpg

Last edited:
Rust? No, I like to think of it more as a patina ;)

I get creaky brain cell syndrome too from time to time. But keep oiling that joint and she'll keep running, even if you may need a few more pitstops than the young 'uns.

Lol yes I am definitely keeping them oiled as I keep learning things they get a little less creaky. I used to think that ten years didn't make a difference, but yes I have to go over things a few more times.

My Biostats teacher allows us one sheet of nots for a test, I finished my test and felt pretty good about it. My friend tells me today you're so smart and so fast I looked at her, and said no way, my one sheet of notes did it or me.

I cannot imagine trying to dredge it up by memory.