-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rutgers 2014 -- ANYONE?
Started by JVket04
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Im also applyying to Rutgers as a transfer student from NY and have yet to hear from them. The anticipation is driving me crazy!!
well I heard that you should have gpa 4.0 for admission into rutgers..
SO RUTGERS NOT APPLICABLE FOR ME
SO RUTGERS NOT APPLICABLE FOR ME
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah yeah, everyone's heard the horror stories about the 4.0 GPAs. Fact of the matter is one guy I know got in last year with a 3.5. Mind you he transferred from within Rutgers, which may or may not help. I also applied from within Rutgers but I fear my GPA is far too low to be noticed by a 0+6 institution like Rutgers, despite my extensive work experience. Still, I've spent the last 3 years at Rutgers so I've gotten my fill of it. It's a huge school and I've just gotten a bit tired of it over the years. I'm looking forward to Albany where the class size is 70 and the professors can actually give you some attention when you need it.
I spoke with an admissions counselor at Rutgers - they are accepting 22 students this year !!!! 😴
Anyone heard anything? I'd really like to know what they are looking for in these 22 applicants.
22?! 😱 They can get away with that considering there the only Pharmacy school in NJ.
22?! 😱 They can get away with that considering there the only Pharmacy school in NJ.
Not for long - Farleigh Dickinson is opening a pharm school next year.
Any word from Rutgers anyone?? I think they are suppose to be calling people for interviews already.
I called them last week and they said that they just started sending out invitations for interviews in the 1st week of march. Transfer students should hear something towards the middle-end of march after they've interviewed all their students
I called them last week and they said that they just started sending out invitations for interviews in the 1st week of march. Transfer students should hear something towards the middle-end of march after they've interviewed all their students
Yes, my friend was chosen to conduct a week of those interviews
I just submitted my application to Rutgers in late February as a transfer student within the school. The period for all internal transfers where they can apply is Feb. 1st to March 30th. So I don't think any interview invitations have been sent to any of the Rutgers transfers yet. I would expect the interviews to take place in April maybe even into May. 22 available spots is still pretty good for a 0-6 school.
Just realized my rutgers application isn't complete! Just had my updated transcript sent to Rutgers but I wonder if its already too late.
My status on my application says its still in progress - does anyone know if they are done looking at applications and have already sent out all the interviews for the applicants they reviewed?
it would suck if they never even looked at my application because I didn't update my transcript!!!
My status on my application says its still in progress - does anyone know if they are done looking at applications and have already sent out all the interviews for the applicants they reviewed?
it would suck if they never even looked at my application because I didn't update my transcript!!!

Just realized my rutgers application isn't complete! Just had my updated transcript sent to Rutgers but I wonder if its already too late.
My status on my application says its still in progress - does anyone know if they are done looking at applications and have already sent out all the interviews for the applicants they reviewed?
it would suck if they never even looked at my application because I didn't update my transcript!!!![]()
Does not hurt to call the admissions office to find out...good luck 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i called the admissions office about 2 months ago and they told me that there is no interview process involved, that it was just a acceptance or rejection. if you look in their website, it says that the priority decision for fall is released on April 15 so... 20 more days?
That's nonsense. All US pharmacy programs require interviews.
Interview
Applicants with a promising prospect for admission consideration will be invited to the school for an onsite interview as a
required part of the application process.
An invitation for an interview does not guarantee or imply admission to the school.
Source: http://pharm.rutgers.edu/files/C-to-C_NB.pdfhttp://pharm.rutgers.edu/files/C-to-C_NB.pdf
Interview
Applicants with a promising prospect for admission consideration will be invited to the school for an onsite interview as a
required part of the application process.
An invitation for an interview does not guarantee or imply admission to the school.
Source: http://pharm.rutgers.edu/files/C-to-C_NB.pdfhttp://pharm.rutgers.edu/files/C-to-C_NB.pdf
no interview for those accepted out of high school is what they must have meant when you asked them
I just found out I got an interview at Rutgers today via email!!
I'm graduating this year with my B.S. in Biochem and have a 3.67 GPA - what do you think my chances are???![]()
Are you a transfer student?
I'm a transfer too and I didn't get an email but when i checked the status of my application on the website it has changed from processing, to interview requested!!! now all i need is an email...
ACPE PharmD standards require interviews for applicants except those in a 0-6 program before progressing into P1 "only if formative and summative assessments in courses or activities (overseen by pharmacy faculty) are used to assess eligibility for progression based on the students verbal and written communication skills, understanding of the pharmacy profession, and commitment to patient care." Some do, some don't. http://www.acpe-accredit.org/standards/default.asp
I'm a transfer too and I didn't get an email but when i checked the status of my application on the website it has changed from processing, to interview requested!!! now all i need is an email...
Hey jerseygirl113, my status has changed to interview requested, too. Do you know what that means now? did we get acceptance or it's an invite for the interview ?
Thanks
Are you a transfer student?
yess i am a transfer student so there is hope for us haha
They mailed a letter to my house saying I'd be contacted about an interview and then I received an email this morning asking me to call them. So I have an interview next friday! I'm glad its so soon, I've been waiting this long I just want to know one way or the other. I'd expect that everyone will be contacted soon whether its for an interview or for wait list and stuff.
I just check my status, and it is "waiting list", but I didn't have any interview with Rutgers yet. Anybody here know what does it mean? Waiting list for the interview or for acceptance ???
this is what my application says too. i haven't received any email or snail mail.
Hi As I mentioned above I'm a transfer student transferring into the P1 year - I have my B.S. and I have a 3.7 GPA and I was recently accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👍👍👍
Interview was very straight forward and organized - DEF be confident and prepared
anyone else hear from them yet?
Interview was very straight forward and organized - DEF be confident and prepared
anyone else hear from them yet?
Hi As I mentioned above I'm a transfer student transferring into the P1 year - I have my B.S. and I have a 3.7 GPA and I was recently accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👍👍👍
Interview was very straight forward and organized - DEF be confident and prepared
anyone else hear from them yet?
what do you mean by that? like "why do you want to be a pharmacist?" "why rutgers?" those kind of questions? is it a closed book interview or open book? meaning do they look at your file when they are interviewing you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi As I mentioned above I'm a transfer student transferring into the P1 year - I have my B.S. and I have a 3.7 GPA and I was recently accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👍👍👍
Interview was very straight forward and organized - DEF be confident and prepared
anyone else hear from them yet?
Congrats!! How long after your interview were you notified of admission and was it by email or snail mail?
Thanks
Im also waitlisted. I called them and they said that I'm waitlisted to have an interview, which is so strange that there's a waiting list for that.
Hi As I mentioned above I'm a transfer student transferring into the P1 year - I have my B.S. and I have a 3.7 GPA and I was recently accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👍👍👍
Interview was very straight forward and organized - DEF be confident and prepared
anyone else hear from them yet?
Hey, Congrats for getting acceptance !!
Can you tell us more about the interview? how did you find it and what type of interview was it?
I will appreciate your help..Thanks !!
out of state 20 grand. In state 10 grand.
out of state 20 grand. In state 10 grand.
wow thats a huge difference. and do you know if after a year of living in nj, and establishing nj residency if the price the second year will be altered to in state prices?
I have no idea. You'll have to call them and ask, it gets tricky.
People that had the interviews, give me some feedback or I'll go insane!! Have they filled the class yet or is there still hope? It's nerve wrecking being on the waiting list, no definite answer!
People that had the interviews, give me some feedback or I'll go insane!! Have they filled the class yet or is there still hope? It's nerve wrecking being on the waiting list, no definite answer!
no help on the interviews? mine's tomorrow yikes
I interviewed on Friday the 9th and when I checked my application status today it says I have been accepted! Good luck to everybody who is still interviewing!
Congrats, although I'm extremely jealous. Oy oojas
I interviewed on Friday the 9th and when I checked my application status today it says I have been accepted! Good luck to everybody who is still interviewing!
Congrats 👍 What were your stats if you do not mind me asking?
Thanks 🙂
My stats:
bachelors in chem from a college in NJ
gpa 3.7, pcat composite 95%
I worked at a supermarket pharmacy for a summer and volunteered at a hospital for a year and had decent involvement during undergrad including research.
My stats:
bachelors in chem from a college in NJ
gpa 3.7, pcat composite 95%
I worked at a supermarket pharmacy for a summer and volunteered at a hospital for a year and had decent involvement during undergrad including research.
Thanks 🙂
My stats:
bachelors in chem from a college in NJ
gpa 3.7, pcat composite 95%
I worked at a supermarket pharmacy for a summer and volunteered at a hospital for a year and had decent involvement during undergrad including research.
Dam girl you're like supergirl
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone who got in - if you have any questions about Rutgers, post here and i'll do my best to answer
Thank you so much, would you mind telling me the daily schedule?
sbensimo ----What were your stats? I was interviewed and still waiting for a response. Are you out of state? Do you have a bachelor's degree? I am very anxious to find out whether or not I got in!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 5K