Rutgers environment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avik224

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is the environment at Rutgers Pharm School?? Do students believe in collaborative learning and helping each other out???

Or is it one of those schools where everyone is competing to be number 1???

If so, is this competitive environment responsible for the high dropout rates??

Members don't see this ad.

How is the environment at Rutgers Pharm School?? Do students believe in collaborative learning and helping each other out???

Or is it one of those schools where everyone is competing to be number 1???

If so, is this competitive environment responsible for the high dropout rates??

i go to rutgers. it is the worst school i ever been to. the students are so competitive you have people stealing from each other. the school boasts itself on being the most "diverse" but it is just full of all different ethnic groups that only stick with each other.

there is little to no guidance in the school. not all prof have office hours. the reason for the high dropout rate is this

there are 3 campuses of pharmacy. after 2 years the people automatically go to the new brunswick campus. rutgers pharm classes are over 300 people. my class is 270 GRADUATING! it is oversaturating the market. i highly advise you to go to another school.

if i could go back, i would have went elsewhere. i came here b/c it seemed financially the best.

the large class sizes make it impossible to get rotations that you want and you will end up commuting 90 miles one way to a location (like i did everyday for 5 weeks)

Do you happen to know if the pharmacy school accepts mainly from within?
Is it rare that they accept a transfer?
Sorry to hear about your troubles!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that they give preference to those applying directly from high school. However, if a transfer student is really good, then he/she can get accepted.

i go to rutgers. it is the worst school i ever been to. the students are so competitive you have people stealing from each other. the school boasts itself on being the most "diverse" but it is just full of all different ethnic groups that only stick with each other.

there is little to no guidance in the school. not all prof have office hours. the reason for the high dropout rate is this

there are 3 campuses of pharmacy. after 2 years the people automatically go to the new brunswick campus. rutgers pharm classes are over 300 people. my class is 270 GRADUATING! it is oversaturating the market. i highly advise you to go to another school.

if i could go back, i would have went elsewhere. i came here b/c it seemed financially the best.

the large class sizes make it impossible to get rotations that you want and you will end up commuting 90 miles one way to a location (like i did everyday for 5 weeks)

Did you enter the pharmacy school directly from high school? I'm guessing you are probably in your last year, so which field of pharmacy will you go into?