Rutgers environment

avik224

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2007
    How is the environment at Rutgers Pharm School?? Do students believe in collaborative learning and helping each other out???

Or is it one of those schools where everyone is competing to be number 1???

If so, is this competitive environment responsible for the high dropout rates??

PharmaTope

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jan 28, 2008
      How is the environment at Rutgers Pharm School?? Do students believe in collaborative learning and helping each other out???

Or is it one of those schools where everyone is competing to be number 1???

If so, is this competitive environment responsible for the high dropout rates??

i go to rutgers. it is the worst school i ever been to. the students are so competitive you have people stealing from each other. the school boasts itself on being the most "diverse" but it is just full of all different ethnic groups that only stick with each other.

there is little to no guidance in the school. not all prof have office hours. the reason for the high dropout rate is this

there are 3 campuses of pharmacy. after 2 years the people automatically go to the new brunswick campus. rutgers pharm classes are over 300 people. my class is 270 GRADUATING! it is oversaturating the market. i highly advise you to go to another school.

if i could go back, i would have went elsewhere. i came here b/c it seemed financially the best.

the large class sizes make it impossible to get rotations that you want and you will end up commuting 90 miles one way to a location (like i did everyday for 5 weeks)

About the Ads

pharmacology888

10+ Year Member
      Jun 22, 2007
      1. Pharmacy Student
        i go to rutgers. it is the worst school i ever been to. the students are so competitive you have people stealing from each other. the school boasts itself on being the most "diverse" but it is just full of all different ethnic groups that only stick with each other.

there is little to no guidance in the school. not all prof have office hours. the reason for the high dropout rate is this

there are 3 campuses of pharmacy. after 2 years the people automatically go to the new brunswick campus. rutgers pharm classes are over 300 people. my class is 270 GRADUATING! it is oversaturating the market. i highly advise you to go to another school.

if i could go back, i would have went elsewhere. i came here b/c it seemed financially the best.

the large class sizes make it impossible to get rotations that you want and you will end up commuting 90 miles one way to a location (like i did everyday for 5 weeks)

Did you enter the pharmacy school directly from high school? I'm guessing you are probably in your last year, so which field of pharmacy will you go into?

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.