Rutgers North DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jadee_94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was recently just accepted to the Rutgers North DPT Program before Thanksgiving and wanted to know if anyone else was accepted yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Was recently just accepted to the Rutgers North DPT Program before Thanksgiving and wanted to know if anyone else was accepted yet!

Yes I was accepted a week and a half ago. I will not be attending though because I honestly did not like there program that much. How did you feel about them? From the interview to the campus?

Congrats! I am waiting to hear back from them in January. Hoping I get in! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on all who were accepted/interviewed. In the initial email, they sent out interview dates with Dec 11th being the last round. Do you guys know if they've already filled all spots? Or if they mentioned anything during your tours that this was the first wave vs. a second wave? I got accepted to two other programs, but for personal reasons would prefer to get into RU.

Thanks and congrats again.

I can't say whether they have filled all spots or not and they also didn't mention anything about us being a "first wave" when I went for my interview in October.

I'm sure they have a few spots open and I offered up my seat so that's one open for sure! Hope it works out for you.

Sweet avatar pic by the way . Can't wait to go snowboarding once finals are over this semester.
Congrats on all who were accepted/interviewed. In the initial email, they sent out interview dates with Dec 11th being the last round. Do you guys know if they've already filled all spots? Or if they mentioned anything during your tours that this was the first wave vs. a second wave? I got accepted to two other programs, but for personal reasons would prefer to get into RU.

Did you interview on 10/23 or 11/20? Congrats on your acceptance by the way!

I can't say whether they have filled all spots or not and they also didn't mention anything about us being a "first wave" when I went for my interview in October.

I'm sure they have a few spots open and I offered up my seat so that's one open for sure! Hope it works out for you.

Sweet avatar pic by the way . Can't wait to go snowboarding once finals are over this semester.

Thanks man. With this career change being paired with a wedding, snowboarding for the first time in 15 years is taking a back seat (though I'm fortunate to have a brother taking me to Whistler for my bachelor party in February). I received the official Rutgers rejection letter this morning. Good thing I have another program as a back up and waiting on to more . My Alma Mater betrayed me...

Yes I was accepted a week and a half ago. I will not be attending though because I honestly did not like there program that much. How did you feel about them? From the interview to the campus?

I interviewed at Drexel, Murphy Deming College in Virginia, and Shenandoah University. I was accepted into Murphy Deming and Shenandoah and still haven't heard back from Drexel. But comparing the Rutgers program to the other programs I looked at, there are both pros and cons. Obviously the in-state tuition was a huge deciding factor for me, and knowing that the last year is all Clinical was pretty interesting. But obviously there were a few things I didn't necessarily like as well. But Rutgers has always been a top choice for me.

For my interview, in all honestly, I didn't think I did as well as I could have compared to some of my other interviews. After the interview, I was almost convinced that I would not get accepted, especially knowing the large amount of applicants that had applied.

But I will be attending there next year, and have already put my deposit down!

Congrats! I am waiting to hear back from them in January. Hoping I get in! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you!

And here are my stats:

University: Monmouth University, NJ
Major: Health and Physical Education
Overall GPA: 3.93
Pre-Req GPA: 3.95
GRE: Math: 152, Reading: 152, Writing: 5.0

Extra-Curric: President of ESG Honor Society, Reporter for AED Honor Society, blood drive recruitment, Relay for Life, clean ocean beach sweeps, HEPE student representative for open houses and other events

Volunteer: 33 hours at outpatient office, 130 hours at lymphedema PT office, ~900 hours as an outpatient PT aide, 100 hours at outpatient internship; I had no inpatient hours

Acceptances: Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, Shenandoah University Northern Campus, Rutgers North

Rejections: None so far.

Interviews: All the above, then- Invited for interviews at LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers South, Marymount.

Thank you! And not really sure. I think they said that they were holding another interview session in January? I am not completely sure though

Thank you!

And here are my stats:

University: Monmouth University, NJ
Major: Health and Physical Education
Overall GPA: 3.93
Pre-Req GPA: 3.95
GRE: Math: 152, Reading: 152, Writing: 5.0

Extra-Curric: President of ESG Honor Society, Reporter for AED Honor Society, blood drive recruitment, Relay for Life, clean ocean beach sweeps, HEPE student representative for open houses and other events

Volunteer: 33 hours at outpatient office, 130 hours at lymphedema PT office, ~900 hours as an outpatient PT aide, 100 hours at outpatient internship; I had no inpatient hours

Acceptances: Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, Shenandoah University Northern Campus, Rutgers North

Rejections: None so far.

Interviews: All the above, then- Invited for interviews at LIU Brooklyn, Rutgers South, Marymount.

Thank you for sharing! Congrats on all of your acceptances! I am hoping to get accepted in January. I interviewed in October. Do you think you will choose to attend RU North?

Thank you for sharing! Congrats on all of your acceptances! I am hoping to get accepted in January. I interviewed in October. Do you think you will choose to attend RU North?

Yes, I am definitely attending RU North. I think it has a very good reputation and I know a few people who have went there that recommend the program. In addition, it is closer to my house than the other choices since I am a NJ resident, and the tuition is obviously much cheaper for in-state! I have already sent in my deposit. So this is my top choice. If I get into Drexel, I would consider that option as well. But right now, Rutgers it is!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am definitely attending RU North. I think it has a very good reputation and I know a few people who have went there that recommend the program. In addition, it is closer to my house than the other choices since I am a NJ resident, and the tuition is obviously much cheaper for in-state! I have already sent in my deposit. So this is my top choice. If I get into Drexel, I would consider that option as well. But right now, Rutgers it is!
When did rutgers south send you the invite if you don't mind me asking

I just received my acceptance letter from Rutgers North. I most likely will be forfeiting my seat because I will be attending UNE's program in Maine.

I got accepted on Wednesday too! I will most likely be attending :)

Reactions: 1 user
I will be commuting. I live 40ish minutes from the school if traffic's good. How about you?

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet? I was told I'm in the top third and that they are expecting movement on the waitlist

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet? I was told I'm in the top third and that they are expecting movement on the waitlist

I was told the same thing, that I was on the top third, and that we could hear back from now to July 1st.

Did you ask them your spot on the waitlist? I never asked but Kathy informed me I am in the top third and that she is expecting there to be some movement. I wonder how many people there are total on the waitlist? Rutgers is my top choice!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did you ask them your spot on the waitlist? I never asked but Kathy informed me I am in the top third and that she is expecting there to be some movement. I wonder how many people there are total on the waitlist? Rutgers is my top choice!

Hey! Yah, I was curious, so I called and asked about the waitlist, they took my name and info down and then they called be back to tell me that I'm in the top third. It's my top choice as well! I hope we both get in.

Hey! Yah, I was curious, so I called and asked about the waitlist, they took my name and info down and then they called be back to tell me that I'm in the top third. It's my top choice as well! I hope we both get in.
I work with someone who got in and he told me that deposits and admission decisions are due by feb 3rd so if we are going be hearing anything from them it will probably be sometime late next week or maybe even the following week. Have you been accepted anywhere else?

I work with someone who got in and he told me that deposits and admission decisions are due by feb 3rd so if we are going be hearing anything from them it will probably be sometime late next week or maybe even the following week. Have you been accepted anywhere else?

Really? That's good to hear. Although, I am not expecting to hear back until maybe May, because a lot of people may be holding their spot until they get into the school of their choice. I hope we hear some good news in the next month! Sadly no, I have not been accepted anywhere else. I am waiting to hear back from three other schools, and have been waitlisted at MCPHS. Rutgers North is my first choice though. What about you, any acceptances?

Really? That's good to hear. Although, I am not expecting to hear back until maybe May, because a lot of people may be holding their spot until they get into the school of their choice. I hope we hear some good news in the next month! Sadly no, I have not been accepted anywhere else. I am waiting to hear back from three other schools, and have been waitlisted at MCPHS. Rutgers North is my first choice though. What about you, any acceptances?
Same here, no acceptances yet, just waitlisted and waiting to hear back

Do any of you who are attending know if there's a facebook group for our class yet?

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back or updates on their status?

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back or updates on their status?
Yeah I called and there hasn't been any movement yet, it's just too early

Woohoo just got accepted! Can't wait to meet you all!

CONGRATS! I hope I hear some good news soon as well!
I remember you. You said you were in the top third right? If you don't hear back in like 2 weeks try calling them to see if there are any updates. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I know the waiting game sucks

Yay! I was accepted off of the waitlist today! I can't wait to meet you all :soexcited::soexcited:

Could anyone give insight on the interview process at Rutgers North please? My interview is tomorrow!

Hey guys! For all of you that were accepted/waitlisted/interviewed by Rutgers (North), may I ask what the interview was like there? I have my interview coming up and I want to be as prepared as possible as it is my top choice DPT school!