Rutgers Pharamacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NigerianSavior

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Recently I was accepted into Rutgers 6 year pharmacy program and would wish to get a feel for the pharmacy profession. How good is Rutgers pharmacy, my family says its good but it has a relatively low rank compared to other schools? How is life in pharmacy school? My true interest is research. This year I did research on streptococcus bacteria and fell in love. I hope to work for a phamaceutical firm (ngn) or the world health organization. How prominent are pharmacists in a research and what is the average salary of those who work for Merck and other large pharmaceutical companies.

How realistic are these career goals when working as a pharmacist?
 
First off, rankings are bullsh*t. If you put in the effort you'll be fine at any school and Rutgers has a good pharmacy program from everything I've heard. I have a relative that graduated from there not too long ago. I also think I remember reading in some other threads that there are a lot of opportunities for residencies at Rutgers. A PharmD is more clinical than research oriented but if there is in fact research opportunity available for a PharmD then I would put Rutgers right up there with any other PharmD program.
 
Rutgers has a lot of research opportunities you should talk to professors and start doing research in the fall/spring freshman year --- just look up the professors, email them / schedule to talk to them and they'll be glad u take u on for research. I'm currently researching next door to the pharmacy school where my PI is a pharmacy professor, everyone is quite friendly and love to have undergraduate help.
 
I am currently a high school student intrested in 0-6 programs. I would be applying for 2009 admission if I do decide on Pharmacy. If you don't mind sharing some of the stats you have I would appreciate it, if not I understand,
Thanks