Rutgers Pharamacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NigerianSavior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I was accepted into Rutgers 6 year pharmacy program and would wish to get a feel for the pharmacy profession. How good is Rutgers pharmacy, my family says its good but it has a relatively low rank compared to other schools? How is life in pharmacy school? My true interest is research. This year I did research on streptococcus bacteria and fell in love. I hope to work for a phamaceutical firm (ngn) or the world health organization. How prominent are pharmacists in a research and what is the average salary of those who work for Merck and other large pharmaceutical companies.

How realistic are these career goals when working as a pharmacist?

Members don't see this ad.

First off, rankings are bullsh*t. If you put in the effort you'll be fine at any school and Rutgers has a good pharmacy program from everything I've heard. I have a relative that graduated from there not too long ago. I also think I remember reading in some other threads that there are a lot of opportunities for residencies at Rutgers. A PharmD is more clinical than research oriented but if there is in fact research opportunity available for a PharmD then I would put Rutgers right up there with any other PharmD program.

Rutgers has a lot of research opportunities you should talk to professors and start doing research in the fall/spring freshman year --- just look up the professors, email them / schedule to talk to them and they'll be glad u take u on for research. I'm currently researching next door to the pharmacy school where my PI is a pharmacy professor, everyone is quite friendly and love to have undergraduate help.

I am currently a high school student intrested in 0-6 programs. I would be applying for 2009 admission if I do decide on Pharmacy. If you don't mind sharing some of the stats you have I would appreciate it, if not I understand,
Thanks