Rutgers Pharmacy first year curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Invisigoth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to Rutgers pharmacy program as an external transfer. I'll be attending the first professional year this fall (yahoo!:D)

My dilemma: I'm pregnant and due in October.
I would love to get a head start on reading some of the material for the beginning of the year so that I don't fall too far behind during the time that I have to take off. It would be very helpful if any current Rutgers students could tell me any textbooks that you used during P1, or anything else I might be able to start reading in advance.

Thanks! See you in the fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I went to RU, its a great program. The pharm book used is DiPiro but I dont think therapeutics starts until P2 so theres not much you can do to prepare for biochem, patho and the like. Dont stess about it too much. I remember 2nd and 3rd yrs being more intense. Good luck!

First, congrats on the upcoming new addition to your family! :)

About preparing for school... I would talk to someone at your school and discuss your situation with them. I'm sure they would be more than happy to give you some suggestions on early preparation since you have a good reason to want to get a jump start on school. Good luck with everything!