Rutgers Pharmacy Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else here has interviewed at Rutgers as a transfer . . . and also if you happen to know when we can expect to hear back with a decision.

I interviewed on 4/16, which I believe was the first day . . . I know the notification deadline is 5/15 but I was hoping they'd let us know sooner!

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

I was notified by snail mail that an interview was requested. I still do not know when my interview at Rutgers will be. In the meantime, how can I best prepare for the interview? What types of questions were asked? How many people were doing the interviewing etc.. Where you given a tour of the school and an explanation of the program.?

I got an email from the Dean's assistant on 4/8 letting me know I was invited for an interview, and that I should call the office ASAP to schedule it. I'd call right away because I think they're wrapping everything up . . . I just checked my status page and found out I was admitted.

My interview was just with the Dean, and I wasn't given a tour or anything like that; just in and out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also was accepted to Rutgers as a transfer student, just found out few days ago. I was accepted to LIU as well, and here is my dilema. Rutgers , of course, in my first choice, but when I called them yesterday, they said tuition for pharmacy school is 38K! I am not sure if this is true, because I was told otherwise before (22K, for out-of-state). Anyway, now I am waiting to get the "offer" from them, to see how much it is actually going to cost me.

No way! Did you look at this?

http://admissions.rutgers.edu/costs/tuitionandfees.aspx

As an out-of-state student, tuition is 21,776 + 2,138 (extra for pharm school) . . . if you live on campus, then add 9,942. Even if you live on campus, it's still cheaper than LIU's tuition alone (something like 36K/year).

It's my impression that Rutgers is a better school and will give you more opportunities than LIU in terms of working in industry . . . but I could be wrong.

I received notice that an interview was requested on May 1st. However, they have yet to contact me to schedule. When I called, they told me to wait for them to get ahold of me. I'm just wondering how long did you guys wait before the interview was scheduled? and did they call or e-mail to set it up? Any info to help ease my anxiety is MUCH appreciated! :confused::confused:

My status page updated on 4/3, and then I got the letter saying an interview was requested on the same day that I got the email telling me to call to schedule it (4/7).

That sounds weird . . . esp. if you called and they told you to wait.

No way! Did you look at this?

http://admissions.rutgers.edu/costs/tuitionandfees.aspx

As an out-of-state student, tuition is 21,776 + 2,138 (extra for pharm school) . . . if you live on campus, then add 9,942. Even if you live on campus, it's still cheaper than LIU's tuition alone (something like 36K/year).

It's my impression that Rutgers is a better school and will give you more opportunities than LIU in terms of working in industry . . . but I could be wrong.

Thanks Pharmacy81. Believe me I looked, and I am trying to figure out how much it is really going to cost me. My initial offer is really low, but I was told it is likely to change once they evaluate my credits.

Anyway, I think that this money stuff obscures the most important part, the fact that I was accepted, which not that long ago seemed rather unrealistic, considering few transfer students that get in. By the way I also interviewed on 4/16, at 10 am.

Congrats on your acceptance and good luck to everyone still waiting.

hi, I was wondering what the requirements for rutgers are, I can't find them on pharmcas.
Thanks.

Edit: I found them.

Last edited:
Hey Pharmacy81 (or any Rutgers transfers starting in the fall),

Do you know what we need to do to schedule classes? There is a ton of info but after navigating their web resources I'm still a little confused. Will they automatically schedule us? Do we need orientation first? Or will they send this info? Just want to make sure I'm on top of things. Thanks for any info! :laugh:

do you know if the rutgers accept foreign transfer students?