Rutgers Pharmacy Transfers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student12399

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophomore and trying to complete my prereqs for Rutgers pharmacy.

Anyone on the forums doing the same thing OR have been accepted as a transfer to Rutgers EMSOP?

If so, may I ask what was your GPA and PCAT scores? Did you apply after completing your 2 years of prereqs or with a bachelors? Does anyone know the acceptance rates for transfers at Rutgers pharm and gpa/PCAT requirements? Lastly, what school did you transfer from?

Any information shared is GREATLY appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a sophomore and trying to complete my prereqs for Rutgers pharmacy.

Anyone on the forums doing the same thing OR have been accepted as a transfer to Rutgers EMSOP?

If so, may I ask what was your GPA and PCAT scores? Did you apply after completing your 2 years of prereqs or with a bachelors? Does anyone know the acceptance rates for transfers at Rutgers pharm and gpa/PCAT requirements? Lastly, what school did you transfer from?

Any information shared is GREATLY appreciated!!

Aren't you the lady who was asking about whether or not to be a pharmacist or a chemistry teacher?

yes lol i am trying to explore my options >_<

Fortunately for you, I am very knowledgable about the pharmacy program at Rutgers. It is extremely difficult to get a position in their program if you were not accepted directly from high school. However, you have the good luck that you are enrolled at Rutgers and can apply "backdoor" through the school to school transfer:

http://www.ugadmissions.rutgers.edu/docs/schooltoschool/pharm.aspx

This is still a very competitive route to take, but much easier than trying to apply from, for example, University of North Carolina, to Rutgers, as Rutgers does give some preference to their own students. What are some of your statistics? If you feel uncomfortable displaying the information publically, you can private message me.

Fortunately for you, I am very knowledgable about the pharmacy program at Rutgers. It is extremely difficult to get a position in their program if you were not accepted directly from high school. However, you have the good luck that you are enrolled at Rutgers and can apply "backdoor" through the school to school transfer:

http://www.ugadmissions.rutgers.edu/docs/schooltoschool/pharm.aspx

This is still a very competitive route to take, but much easier than trying to apply from, for example, University of North Carolina, to Rutgers, as Rutgers does give some preference to their own students. What are some of your statistics? If you feel uncomfortable displaying the information publically, you can private message me.
awesome i will be happy to pm you. in the meantime, do you know rutgers pharm gpa and pcat stats for transfers?

awesome i will be happy to pm you. in the meantime, do you know rutgers pharm gpa and pcat stats for transfers?

I had spoken with one of the admissions Deans regarding this. If I recall correctly, a 3.5 GPA is the minimum to be considered competitive. They focus much more on the GPA than the PCAT. My personal assessment is that a PCAT of 75 percentile or higher is desirable.

I transferred into Rutgers with a Bachelors in Chemistry (GPA 3.22) and a PCAT score of 64% back in 2010. I did, however, have a very strong letter of recommendation from someone and worked a full time job for a year prior to applying.

They focus much more on the GPA than the PCAT. My personal assessment is that a PCAT of 75 percentile or higher is desirable.
b8em6w

I transferred into Rutgers with a Bachelors in Chemistry (GPA 3.22) and a PCAT score of 64% back in 2010. I did, however, have a very strong letter of recommendation from someone and worked a full time job for a year prior to applying.

You are an exception rather than the norm. The normal transfer student with have no working experience, nor have very strong recommendations.