-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
RVC c/o 2027/2028
Started by gumi523
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futurevet27
Full Member
beat me to it! accepted into the 4 yr program, also international from the US 🙂
minimaggio
Full Member
Hey guys! I’m part of the 4 year cohort and I am also international from the US 👋🏻
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
minimaggio
Full Member
Hey guys, I found what looks like an official FB group. I posted the screen shot in the UK vet schools thread
Just got accepted to the RVC 4 year program this morning!!
caroliner91
Full Member
Got accepted into the 4 year program this AM! But my mind is playing tricks on me, and when I saw the ‘Accelerated Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (4 years)’ this will give us our DVM correct? I know i’m overthinking this, it just kind of freaked me out when I saw ‘bachelors’ and made me feel like I applied for the wrong thing. Please someone quell my anxiety and tell me I haven’t been accepted to the completely wrong program
matchaa
New Member
It’s equivalent to a DVM 🙂Got accepted into the 4 year program this AM! But my mind is playing tricks on me, and when I saw the ‘Accelerated Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (4 years)’ this will give us our DVM correct? I know i’m overthinking this, it just kind of freaked me out when I saw ‘bachelors’ and made me feel like I applied for the wrong thing. Please someone quell my anxiety and tell me I haven’t been accepted to the completely wrong program
At the AVMA-accredited UK vet schools, all the vet med degrees are considered "Bachelors", but are equivalent to the US's DVM and you still go by "Doctor". So you wouldn't be able to say you have a "DVM", instead you'd put "BVetMed" after your name. It's not really a problem unless for whatever reason you want the specific DVM title, in which case you would have to go to a US school for that title.Got accepted into the 4 year program this AM! But my mind is playing tricks on me, and when I saw the ‘Accelerated Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (4 years)’ this will give us our DVM correct? I know i’m overthinking this, it just kind of freaked me out when I saw ‘bachelors’ and made me feel like I applied for the wrong thing. Please someone quell my anxiety and tell me I haven’t been accepted to the completely wrong program
I got way too interested in this, but actually the following countries all have "DVM" vet degree titles: Bangladesh, Canada, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, Iran, Israel, Lebanon, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, United States, West Indies, Trinidad, Tobago, Thailand, Hungary, Malaysia, and Serbia & Montenegro. The AVMA has a really cool list of vet med degrees around the world here!At the AVMA-accredited UK vet schools, all the vet med degrees are considered "Bachelors", but are equivalent to the US's DVM and you still go by "Doctor". So you wouldn't be able to say you have a "DVM", instead you'd put "BVetMed" after your name. It's not really a problem unless for whatever reason you want the specific DVM title, in which case you would have to go to a US school for that title.
The more you know! 😀
futurevet27
Full Member
At the AVMA-accredited UK vet schools, all the vet med degrees are considered "Bachelors", but are equivalent to the US's DVM and you still go by "Doctor". So you wouldn't be able to say you have a "DVM", instead you'd put "BVetMed" after your name. It's not really a problem unless for whatever reason you want the specific DVM title, in which case you would have to go to a US school for that title.
ohhh i didn’t know this! thank you!
Many students who graduate from RVC school will unfortunately appropriate the DVM title anyways but no you will be awarded a BVetMed degree. All of the UK schools award a bachelor's or master's qualification to graduating vets, but you're still eligible to write the navle and to work in the US as an RVC grad.Got accepted into the 4 year program this AM! But my mind is playing tricks on me, and when I saw the ‘Accelerated Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (4 years)’ this will give us our DVM correct? I know i’m overthinking this, it just kind of freaked me out when I saw ‘bachelors’ and made me feel like I applied for the wrong thing. Please someone quell my anxiety and tell me I haven’t been accepted to the completely wrong program
ps. To those entering, prep in advance for anatomy and develop a solid plan in advance with your dissection group because they will glaze over a ton of important structures and just expect you to sort it out. Anatomy teaching was very underwhelming for me and you essentially only get out what you put into that part of the course. Read the anatomy handouts in advance and try to do as much of the work beforehand as you can because the sessions are either far too long or too short for what they are asking you to do, especially if you've never dissected anything before.
Last edited:
Magizoologist
New Member
Hey everyone! I just accepted my conditional offer to the 4 year program; I'm international from the US and I'm excited to meet you all!
to those who have not graduated yet from undergrad have they requested your transcript for your fall semester? i graduate in the summer and idk if im supposed to send it or they’ll just request my degree. ALSO is anyone else graduating in the summer? my offer was conditional but the only condition was that i graduate, and im worried by graduating then, it’ll delay my visa process….
If I remember correctly, they only will need your transcript after you've graduated. Personally, I wasn't able to send in my transcript until late June, didn't receive my CAS number from the RVC until mid-July (a requirement for you to start the visa process), had my visa appointment in mid-August, and then didn't have my visa in-hand until 8 September. But this can really vary depending on your local visa office and how busy they are. My best advice would be to submit your transcript + all other requirements (ie. deposit, but wait until you've completed all other requirements before you send it in) as early as possible and make sure you email RVC (multiple times) to confirm they have everything for your CAS. RVC also told us during the intro sessions before September that they can usually accommodate you virtually if your visa comes in later than when classes start, just make sure to keep in touch with them.to those who have not graduated yet from undergrad have they requested your transcript for your fall semester? i graduate in the summer and idk if im supposed to send it or they’ll just request my degree. ALSO is anyone else graduating in the summer? my offer was conditional but the only condition was that i graduate, and im worried by graduating then, it’ll delay my visa process….
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futurevet27
Full Member
are we looking to make a group chat at some point?
minimaggio
Full Member
I think this is the group chat? Are you talking about making a discord or Facebook thing?are we looking to make a group chat at some point?
jennifermasi
New Member
Accepted my conditional offer today 🙂
futurevet27
Full Member
I think this is the group chat? Are you talking about making a discord or Facebook thing?
Yeah this could work too, I just didn’t know how active it would be lol hopefully more soon as the remaining decisions are released
Does anyone know if all the offers have gone out? Or about any notifications about being considered for the international scholarship?
I’ve seen some people say they’ll be sending offers out through this month still! And if you’re curious about the status of your application I also recommend checking your student portal (RVC sent a link to it with the interview invites.) My student portal was updated and showed my conditional offer back in December, before I received the official offer letter through my email. Best of luck, and I hope that helps!Does anyone know if all the offers have gone out? Or about any notifications about being considered for the international scholarship?
Thank you! I also received my update in December, but I was more wondering about when they would be done sending out offers because they said they would send out who is being considered for the scholarship once all offers have been sent out!I’ve seen some people say they’ll be sending offers out through this month still! And if you’re curious about the status of your application I also recommend checking your student portal (RVC sent a link to it with the interview invites.) My student portal was updated and showed my conditional offer back in December, before I received the official offer letter through my email. Best of luck, and I hope that helps!
Thank you! Was it like a passport image or a new application?I did receive an email last night about submitting an additional document for the international scholarship so maybe they're starting to roll those out!
futurevet27
Full Member
I did receive an email last night about submitting an additional document for the international scholarship so maybe they're starting to roll those out!
ohhh i hope so [emoji3064]
It was for another short essay!Thank you! Was it like a passport image or a new application?
futurevet27
Full Member
has anyone else heard from the rvc about the international scholarship ?
Yes I have, I just sent mine in today. I wonder how many individuals got the email!has anyone else heard from the rvc about the international scholarship ?
Do you think if i accepted my offer mid-march I am too late to recieve an email about the international scholarship?ohhh i hope so [emoji3064]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you accept your offer to RVC? I am worried I accepted too late and missed my chance to be on the list for the scholarship!Yes I have, I just sent mine in today. I wonder how many individuals got the email!
To reply to both of the posts:
I emailed them, and they told me everyone that they are considering for the scholarship has already been emailed about it 🙁
I emailed them, and they told me everyone that they are considering for the scholarship has already been emailed about it 🙁
Does anyone know if there are still offers to go out? I haven't heard an acceptance or denial yet, I emailed the admissions team on February 20th and they replied that they wouldn't have final decisions for another month or so. Is it just me or are other people still waiting for decisions?
I accepted it in JanuaryWhen did you accept your offer to RVC? I am worried I accepted too late and missed my chance to be on the list for the scholarship!
When is it all due?I did receive an email last night about submitting an additional document for the international scholarship so maybe they're starting to roll those out!
It was due March 20th via emailWhen is it all due?
It didn't say anything about maintaining a certain GPA or anything like that if that's what you mean. I'm assuming if you received it they'd probably give some more specific info about maintaining it and the details though
those of you that got information about the international scholarship, was your offer conditional?
Does anyone know if RVC has a waitlist? I did not get accepted nor denied admission yet and it's getting super close to the deadline so I was wondering if maybe I was already on a waitlist? I'm very confused why I haven't gotten any email or RVC portal update since my interview.
futurevet27
Full Member
Does anyone know if RVC has a waitlist? I did not get accepted nor denied admission yet and it's getting super close to the deadline so I was wondering if maybe I was already on a waitlist? I'm very confused why I haven't gotten any email or RVC portal update since my interview.
I would email them ASAP….they aren’t the best at responding sooo warning lol
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Does anybody know the NAVLE pass rate for RVC? I can’t find it anywhere online and I’m trying to compare stats before making my final decision to accept my seats. Thanks!
They only show numbers for 2020/2021 and the pass rate was 84%. Here's the link to where I found it: Accreditation - The RVC - About - Royal Veterinary College, RVCDoes anybody know the NAVLE pass rate for RVC? I can’t find it anywhere online and I’m trying to compare stats before making my final decision to accept my seats. Thanks!
D
deleted1135019
Does anyone know when the deposit is due?
futurevet27
Full Member
Does anyone know when the deposit is due?
they’ll send the relevant information in May!
D
deleted1135019
Thank you!!they’ll send the relevant information in May!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futurevet27
Full Member
Submitted my housing security deposit (living privately) and things are starting to feel real…anyone else excited but nervous at the same time?!?[emoji28]
hi! c/o 2028 applicant here 🙂 i am working thru the RVC supplementals right now and am wondering how long it is? 😅 i wish there was a progress bar at the top haha. i've gotten to the portion where there are the 3 prompts about changes, skills, and complement partner, please tell me these are the only essays? thanks!
Last edited:
Hello! I was a little confused by the supplemental requirement for RVC. Are the supplementals due on the same date as the VMCAS (Sept 18th?) or are they due 5 days after the vmcas application is submitted and processed? If I submit the application on the 18th would it be too late or would I have until the 23rd? I was looking for information online but I am still a bit lost.