RVC vs. Edinburgh better for wildlife?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdf22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering the RVC and Edinburgh for veterinary school next year, but just wanted to know if one or the other has more resources available to students interested in pursuing a career in wildlife/conservation medicine. I know that both programs have postgraduate courses in these fields, but I just mean as a BVetMed/BVM&S student if there are more opportunities in wildlife in one compared to the other. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently deciding between Edinburgh and RVC, from what I have seen online and talking to students from both unis, Edinburgh is by far the better university for wildlife and exotics.
It is part of their core curriculum and they have a very big exotics department. What uni are you leaning towards? Personally I am thinking Edinburgh will be a better choice for me, not only is tuition cheaper (and a fixed rate!) but housing is also cheaper. Plus Edinburgh is such a beautiful city and not as overwhelming as London since I'm not used to big cities.