Quantcast

rvu dollar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

painmd15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is $58/RVU for a small Midwest town?

painmd15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also anyone knows the MGMA median $ value per RVU for Anesthesiology Pain?

gdub25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Median for Texas and Oklahoma is $64 per RVU. I believe the numbers PinchandBurn gave would put you in the 75th percentile range. Would be good but not likely from the jobs I looked at over the past 6 months coming out of fellowship. Agree that $58 is low though, especially if it's in a more rural, less desirable location.

PinchandBurn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Median for Texas and Oklahoma is $64 per RVU. I believe the numbers PinchandBurn gave would put you in the 75th percentile range. Would be good but not likely from the jobs I looked at over the past 6 months coming out of fellowship. Agree that $58 is low though, especially if it's in a more rural, less desirable location.
Mine is based on mgma 75th for anesthesia.pain mgt......for non anesthesia it's about.wht OP stated.... I know the next conversation is going to be why more for anesthesia, but that is not the scope of this. I am just relaying the facts.

Dr. Ice

Attending
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll kick the sleeping dog..why more for anesthesia pain?

Jigsaw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
we are all talking about RVU and not wRVU. What are people calling a good rate in a non desirable area