RWJ: Alternative Winter Break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajiv

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone participated in this? How helpful was it?
It sounds very interesting. I just applied, but would love to hear more from any of you.

If you'd consider it joining, the deadline is about a week away.

Below are snippets from umdnj.edu:
RWJ is offering a 3-day Alternative Winter Break this January for potential applicants.

SAMPLE CURRICULUM includes:
* Clinical Pathophysiology, Introduction to Renal Pathophysiology and Small Group Sessions on Fluids and Electrolytes
* Systems Histology, Circulatory System and Endothelial Cells and Lab
* Clinical Clerkship Didactic Experiences Surgical Grand Rounds and Lecture Series in Medicine and Surgery
* Physical Diagnosis Small Group Sessions

Members don't see this ad.

rajiv said:
Has anyone participated in this? How helpful was it?
It sounds very interesting. I just applied, but would love to hear more from any of you.

If you'd consider it joining, the deadline is about a week away.

Below are snippets from umdnj.edu:
RWJ is offering a 3-day Alternative Winter Break this January for potential applicants.

SAMPLE CURRICULUM includes:
* Clinical Pathophysiology, Introduction to Renal Pathophysiology and Small Group Sessions on Fluids and Electrolytes
* Systems Histology, Circulatory System and Endothelial Cells and Lab
* Clinical Clerkship Didactic Experiences Surgical Grand Rounds and Lecture Series in Medicine and Surgery
* Physical Diagnosis Small Group Sessions

I went to the website but couldn't find anything related to the 3-day alternative winter break.

Please let me know where you found the application form. The dealine is the 16th i believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
hopster said:
Please let me know where you found the application form. The dealine is the 16th i believe.

Sorry for the delay. We're in the middle of finals and I haven't logged in a couple days.

Here's the site; it's off of the admissions page within medical education:
http://rwjms.umdnj.edu/admissions/winter_break/index.htm

I came across it about ten days ago, as I was researching potential linkage options.

rajiv

hey I was wondering if they had starting telling people if they were selected and if we wiill be getting an email if we werent?

You guys are crazy! Why is this necessary? What happened to just working hard in your classes, writing a good essay and gettin a few people to write nice things about you in letters? God, even sacrificing your (meager) vacation is the norm? :(

Anyone decide to attend this? I will be going, sounds like a great hands on opportunity. Anything at this stage of my post-bac to keep my motivation up and have the big picture in sight!