RWJ Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RajitPat1212

Reaction score
Hey all. After searching for answers on the forum, I’ve noticed very mixed and seemingly uninformed opinions on RWJ’s Anesthesia program. I was hoping to hear honest opinions from a true insider prior to setting rank lists, as the area is very important to me and my family. If you feel more comfortable, please feel free to PM me or email at my username[at]gmail.com. Thanks!
RP

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up not ranking them, their own med students weren't even considering staying there for residency and I had some terrible experiences with two of the interviewers asking very inappropriate questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t go far as to not ranking it, but it was very low on my rank list. When I interviewed, the program just came off probation and looked like the program was making rapid changes. There was too much doubt for me whether those changes would stay put. Cardiac seemed decent, but everything else seemed mediocre at best.

Thanks all...it seemed like tere were so many positive changes being made under the new leadership.. Lots of $$$ being invested in resident wellness and education and a solid cAse mix. Not a huge fan of central Jersey (fam in North Jersey), but close enough to the big cities to worry about becoming a hermit lol

I had heard all the residents from last match were foreign grads. And a couple I had interacted with discussed how they 1) lacked any slick skills because attendings just stick to the usual way (proc roc tube) 2) hated being there and wish they matched elsewhere

Reactions: 1 users
I had heard all the residents from last match were foreign grads. And a couple I had interacted with discussed how they 1) lacked any slick skills because attendings just stick to the usual way (proc roc tube) 2) hated being there and wish they matched elsewhere

Prop roc tube is the slickest skill. It makes everything else look unslick.

Reactions: 1 users
Is RWJ just as much of a **** show as Rutgers Newark's program?

• Haha
Is RWJ just as much of a **** show as Rutgers Newark's program?

Rutgers Newark was a decent program when I interviewed, but that was before they lost one of the main rotating hospitals. Nevertheless, they were both very low on my rank list.

Thanks all...it seemed like tere were so many positive changes being made under the new leadership.. Lots of $$$ being invested in resident wellness and education and a solid cAse mix. Not a huge fan of central Jersey (fam in North Jersey), but close enough to the big cities to worry about becoming a hermit lol

Just because they SAY they are investing in resident wellness, doesn't mean they are. A salesman will always tell you their product is the best.

How about this for wellness.. They have been using the same psychiatrist for years to diagnose unwanted residents with bull**** diagnoses just to keep them out of training. Here he is https://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Mario_Finkelstein/reviews

This tactic does not allow you to fully complete a year of training, so they can justify holding you back from graduation just so they can keep some cheap labor.

If you don't fit in with their crowd, they will do horrible things to get you out and make sure you never step foot into anesthesiology residency again.

Don't believe the hype.

• Wow