RX ing in MA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macman

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have am out of state pt what I see face to face every 12 weeks for botox. I have provided the pt with "do not fill before" dates in 3 rx's, each 4 weeks. This is not a problem in our state. The MA pharmD will not fill these. Suggestions? seeing the pt every 4 weeks is not a practical option

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, I have am out of state pt what I see face to face every 12 weeks for botox. I have provided the pt with "do not fill before" dates in 3 rx's, each 4 weeks. This is not a problem in our state. The MA pharmD will not fill these. Suggestions? seeing the pt every 4 weeks is not a practical option
Depends on the pharmacy. I have had it go both ways in MA

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Frankly, even if it's 100% legal, pharmacist still has discretion. Many get cold feet in this situation.

Are you in a state contiguous with MA?
Do they fill the first one?

The date of issuance according to MA is the do not fill before date so they have 5 days around that date to fill their prescription in theory.

The work around here is to find the patient another pharmacy, find them another local prescriber, use mail order pharmacies, or eRx it monthly.