Rx prep really really wow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXPREPSUCKS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i've been saying for a while to my friends that rx prep suck and to make it worse they went on and disclosed our email address from pacific university in a mass email:mad: no one is buying their products and showing up to their classes and this is how desperate they are.... read for my comments after you read her email below!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Pacific U folks who have gotten something from the RxPrep website in the past year:

I am looking for advice/consult for anyone interested in providing it. Please read on to understand my dilemna.

When I am at a meeting that students attend, I've had Pacific students approach us and ask if we could provide a NAPLEX review for their class. This year, I had the help of some colleagues at the other Oregon school we arranged a class in Portland. It is a two day review for under $488 that includes the text book (that is $159 by itself) and the quiz bank (that's $178 by itself) and...

this is the kicker....

there is no one from your school signed up. What is weird about this is that this does not happen when our folks run an RxPrep review. The other course posted on our site (in Philly) was put up around the same time and it has 110 people now and is about sold out.

Does anyone know why this is? I know your school does well...but usually a bunch of students will want the reinforcement of a review prior to testing. Our course is the number 1 review program: ALL top 4 chains use only RxPrep because their students do well when they use our material.

And we are giving a "CPJE" how-to during the lunch break for those testing in California. No extra charge.

I think what may have happened is that when one of our online students in the class sent a message about the class to the other graduates in her class, one student replied to all that "you don't need the course, just get the rxprep book, naplex is easy" and then another student agreed with him.

But, if you get the quick review with the quiz bank too you have to feel more secure in your knowledge...so what do you think?
Thanks to all those who offer me useful (and even not-so-useful) advice.

Curiosity killed the pharmacist.

Dr. Karen Shapiro, the curious pharmacist
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After she disclose all of her customers in the email i was about to bang my head to the wall...why would anyone do that! In school they force us do things and we do because it is mandatory to get our degree but rxprep can't force us to buy their products!!! just like any business if you have good product ppl buy if you don't like now ppl don't buy act like a grown up and accept you failed and didn't fill up the class room! how greedy can you be! if your product was worth it trust me people would do anything to come but you are a rip off!!!!! ADVICE TO PPL BUYING ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS INFORMATION MIGHT BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC THAT YOU PURCHASED SOMETHING FROM THEM AND THEY MIGHT BRAG ABOUT IT AND USE IT AS ADVERTISEMENT! HOW UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I feel so bad for people that fall into their scam and go to these expensive classes! No one can prepare you for your boards in 2 or 5 days!

There are two sides of every story. I don't know the situation so I can't comment on who's right who's wrong. But this email does look desperate and unprofessional to me. If the curious pharmacist feels offended, she/he should come up with something better than this why-no-one-in-your-school-came-to-our-class letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated last year from PacificU. This issue didn't come up with my graduating class.

Anyways, just my 2 cents:

I think the problem here is, students sound like they are trying to save money and so changed their mind. When they find out from their friends that they only need the book to study, they don't even bother signing up for the RxPrep course. It is up to the students after all. I really don't hate students for doing this but...

RxPrep should know how to protect themselves from this kind of situation. Making a visit to the school and getting an e-mail number count is too weak.

RxPrep course should inform students that if they are serious and interested, they should sign up online on their website, pay a non-refundable registration fee, and if they do change their mind, a cancellation fee or whatever it is they want, to make students accountable for their actions. This makes it easier to see how many are really attending in order to hold a location for a certain date.

Now for the students - stop blaming RxPrep. Remember, the e-mail says PacificU students "approached RxPrep and asked for a RxPrep course review". That's why RxPrep has a list of student e-mails, right? Because people wrote their e-mails down!

Rx-Prep, in this e-mail, is not taking your e-mail and advertising it to other third-party companies so there shouldn't be a concern in this context, but RxPrep is trying to address an issue and ask for an opinion to why those who signed up didn't show up.

Note on pricing --> RxPrep course prep with a student discount is $500 vs. PassNaplexNow which is around $1200. So don't say RxPrep is trying to scam people out on a prep review.

Last edited:
what do you mean people signed up and didn't show up!!! nobody signed up! and they are using previous rxprep costumers from pacific u for the new class to promote their products saying see all of these alumni purchased a product from us so you should too! so they are releasing people's email to potential new customers without their permission! Maybe people don't want that to be public record! They should respect people's privacy! So your argument is absolutely wrong, because it seems like you don't know the story!

110 people (actually probably closer to 200) signed up for the class in Philly because USP bought it for us. Maybe Pacific shoukd buy it for you as well, and then more people will show up. How's that for a reply.

Also it's too late to offer a naplex prep course. Early to mid may is probably best for such a course.

University of Maryland brought in Dr. Shapiro to teach us for 3 8 hour days. They also gave each student with their own copy of the book. We did not have to go to the class, but it was free, so why not? And it was the week of graduation, so everyone was in town anyway. I had not studied at all before the RxPrep sessions, so it was a good, quick review through everything. She has funny and interesting stories, which I like because they help me remember. However, she has A LOT of long stories which made us run out of time for everything. Then I studied the book slowly myself. I did lots of practice questions (through exam master, which they also paid for us to use). Most of my classmates and myself include have passed NAPLEX. I am not the best student, and only had time to go through the book once, and I still passed. I think their book is definitely sufficient to help you pass. The class is not needed. We did not get online access to their quiz bank etc so I have no idea if that is helpful. That e-mail is kind of sad...