Rx qbank, poorly written questions compare to UW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shigella123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think Rx qbank has poorly written questions compare to UW? For some reason, with UW I don't find myself too confused when I'm doing questions, but with Rx I do. What's your experience with it?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys think Rx qbank has poorly written questions compare to UW? For some reason, with UW I don't find myself too confused when I'm doing questions, but with Rx I do. What's your experience with it?

It's an opportunity to do questions and get through FA since everything is straight out of the book. There's some hit or miss questions but it's good for nailing down principles. I just focused on learning as much as I could from it.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I plan to finish it within 2.5 weeks even if they aren't as good as UW qs. How many blocks of questions are you guys doing?

It's getting harder for me to stay focused these days and doing more than 1 block qs cuz of all the festivals around me and the weddings and I keep on ending up on facebook/checking emails/online shopping, etc. I don't know how to stop myself from wasting time like this. I have stopped all contacts, but still temptation to check FB is so high cuz my cousins/friends are getting married. So, I haven't been studying properly since I can't stay focused. I think I should start studying at night till early morning and sleep during the day. What else can I do?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Turn off your phone. Deactivate Facebook. Check e-mail twice a day. Don't shop online or better yet, use a computer that's not yours in order to avoid the temptation.

Turn off your phone. Deactivate Facebook. Check e-mail twice a day. Don't shop online or better yet, use a computer that's not yours in order to avoid the temptation.

Thanks, I have already done what you said. I'm back to being more focused now. I just learned something new and kinda shocking from Rx, who knew female chimpanzee menstruate? lol

Apparently you do not watch animal planet........

lol... Seriously, I have always enjoyed watching such shows & just last night I saw a show on beautiful seahorses for few minutes, but never heard of that before. lol. Interesting info...

I recently started using Rx and I really like it. Most of the material is in FA, but it shows you all the little phrases that you might've looked over, or the ones you thought you understood but actually didn't. We just got a code for USMLE Rx at our school, anyone can use it though. The code is SUNYDOWNQMAX1 & it's for the 12-month subscription for $99. You can buy now and activate up to 6 months later if you prefer to wait. Expires 6/6/14

Thanks guys. Yeah, I plan to finish it within 2.5 weeks even if they aren't as good as UW qs. How many blocks of questions are you guys doing?

It's getting harder for me to stay focused these days and doing more than 1 block qs cuz of all the festivals around me and the weddings and I keep on ending up on facebook/checking emails/online shopping, etc. I don't know how to stop myself from wasting time like this. I have stopped all contacts, but still temptation to check FB is so high cuz my cousins/friends are getting married. So, I haven't been studying properly since I can't stay focused. I think I should start studying at night till early morning and sleep during the day. What else can I do?

just inactivate you're Facebook. that's what i did and it works like a charm. Yea i know your peeps are getting hitched but this test will determine you're career in medicine. i think thats a bit far more important. You don't want to look back at this and say dang i should have stayed more focused. just my 2 cents.

just inactivate you're Facebook. that's what i did and it works like a charm. Yea i know your peeps are getting hitched but this test will determine you're career in medicine. i think thats a bit far more important. You don't want to look back at this and say dang i should have stayed more focused. just my 2 cents.
And chances are those peeps will get divorced anyway so you'll be glad you spent this time studying and not looking for a cool gift to get them haha

this is a poorly worded question "woman comes in, painful as **** blue mass underneath her fingernail. what type of tumor is this?"

answer: cells involved in thermoregulation; except one of the answer choices is "cells involved with light touch"

like what the ****. what is the point you are trying to teach here? **** you uworld.

That's a poor question in every respect. It teaches you nothing, misleads you and then has a 3 paragraph explanation that doesn't teach you anything either.

No Rx question comes close to this awful question, IMO. When Uworld has bad questions, they are truly bad.

Reactions: 1 users
I recently started using Rx and I really like it. Most of the material is in FA, but it shows you all the little phrases that you might've looked over, or the ones you thought you understood but actually didn't. We just got a code for USMLE Rx at our school, anyone can use it though. The code is SUNYDOWNQMAX1 & it's for the 12-month subscription for $99. You can buy now and activate up to 6 months later if you prefer to wait. Expires 6/6/14

This is pretty tempting... I wonder if they'll be pissy about me not going to SUNY downstate. :p

Thanks for your 2 cents and I agree with you time is very important. I'm more conscious of my time now and I don't spent more than few minutes on this forum too now.

And chances are those peeps will get divorced anyway so you'll be glad you spent this time studying and not looking for a cool gift to get them haha

Very possible. I'm very happy with my decisions and I actually enjoy studying medicine a lot. It's just that I feel there are some things I'm missing out on in life watching everyone else younger than me settle down. I know I’m not alone in this since some of my med school friends have also expressed similar concerns. Most of us spend our 20s studying and have hectic schedules so I wonder if most med students female/male settle down in their 30s.

That's a poor question in every respect. It teaches you nothing, misleads you and then has a 3 paragraph explanation that doesn't teach you anything either.

No Rx question comes close to this awful question, IMO. When Uworld has bad questions, they are truly bad.

I understand your frustration. I guess both qbanks have some questions like that. I'm working on Rx qbank and redoing my UW incorrect and hopefully finish it within 2 weeks. Can't wait to be done soon....