S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted850921

Really

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really quick question.

So I took an EMT-B class (non-science) at a local community college last summer and did really well, but my current 4-year college wouldn't accept it as credit of any kind because of some dumb rules they have.
I'm fine with that, but when I apply to med school next year, will I have to talk to that community college and have them send that class transcript to AMCAS or just not mention it because my current college wouldn't even take it?

You will have to submit the class transcript for AMCAS. All college courses you have taken must be submitted, even if not accepted for credit at your school. If you received a letter grade, it will be factored into your AMCAS GPA.

Hmm ok but at my CC it was an 8 credit summer course (yea I don't know how that's even possible lol, I know it was an accelerated course but nothing beyond that), but in regular 4 year colleges I know it's usually around 4 credits. Will AMCAS calculate that as the 8 credits or just 4 credits?

I'm not sure. I would submit it and let them figure it out; it won't be your problem. Just write what's on your transcript and let them handle it.

Reactions: 1 user