S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend, just breathe. This is a marathon. School rank doesn't really matter as long as it's an MD program unless you're planning on becoming a pediatric neurosurgeon. If you can see yourself going from California to New Hampshire for the next four years then apply to Geisel.

Don't chase assumed prestige and God help you if you are pursuing an MD for the "status".

You are a traditional applicant in your early 20s. You literally have your whole life to chase this dream. We're all going to make it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
...Really, it's like you don't want to go to med school, and are purposely sabotaging yourself.

Can't put it any more clearly than this: OP, you need a better school list, and you need a lot more top-20s on your list, as you're absolutely competitive for them.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The bolded above are likely donations.

Really, it's like you don't want to go to med school, and are purposely sabotaging yourself.
Why do you include George Washington, Georgetown, and Stony Brook as donations? Their median MCATS are 512, 513, and 516 respectively. Does that really suggest yield protection for someone with a 518 at these schools? 520+ I would understand but OP's stats dont seem to far away from these schools

Why do you include George Washington, Georgetown, and Stony Brook as donations? Their median MCATS are 512, 513, and 516 respectively. Does that really suggest yield protection for someone with a 518 at these schools? 520+ I would understand but OP's stats dont seem to far away from these schools

GT and GW are very low yield. OP is not from NY when it comes to SB

Reactions: 1 user