1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

SABA and the mcat

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by omar06, Dec 12, 2005.

1. omar06

omar06 Member
    7+ Year Member

SABA says that they don't require the mcat for admission but highly recommend. I took the mcat but did really bad on it, as in below the ave. of the big 3 schools. Do you think this will be a major problem on being admitted to SABA? Any input. would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trader56

Trader56 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Others may tell you this, too, but I think it's important to figure out why you didn't do well on the MCAT.

For some, it's because English is a second language. For others, it a lack of preparation - either note preparing specifically for the exam, or not having finished the necessary classes.

I frequently see posts here and on ValueMD where people are asking about their chances for acceptance with a low GPA or MCAT. The really important question is not whether you can get into a med school (you can most likely get in somewhere), but whether you can do well in classes, pass the Step exams, and get licensed. The Step 1 pass rate for USIMGs hovers around 50%.

Since you will be taking a LOT of standardized tests (the BIG hurdles being the MCAT and Steps I, II, and III), you really need to find out WHY you didn't do well now so that this doesn't become an on-going problem.

4. omar06

omar06 Member
    7+ Year Member

I appreciate your reply and concern with my low score.

HOWEVER, i was hoping i can get an accurate answer to the post as opposed to critiques regarding my score.

5. planningMD

planningMD Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    if your other stats are at or above the ave for saba, then go for it. if not be careful.

6. omar06

omar06 Member
    7+ Year Member

any specific reason to why you were kicked out of DO school?