SABA/MUA-Nevis QUESTION!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carib07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey to anyone who can comment on this situation--I was rejected from SABA, but in the letter they told me that I would be a good candidate for MUA-Nevis...I spoke with admissions there and they informed me to just fill out another application (which was EXACTLY the same as the SABA app, just the name at the top was different) and pay another $75. From what I've researched in the posts from others who reapplied, it seemed like they got a chance to interview...well, today, I got a reject letter from MUA. If they weren't going to offer me at least a chance, why did they suggest it in the SABA reject letter in the first place?? I even applied for the Jan 2008 class, not the upcoming Sept class...I feel like I just got tricked into paying them more money for another rejection. I thought I would have at least gotten an interview, especially if saba recommended me to that school like that, even forwarding MUA my file and all. Can anyone give me any insight to this situation, and what I should do? Would it be a good idea to email MUA and ask why I was referred to the school by SABA and ask why I was rejected? Thanks to anyone who can help me with any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey to anyone who can comment on this situation--I was rejected from SABA, but in the letter they told me that I would be a good candidate for MUA-Nevis...I spoke with admissions there and they informed me to just fill out another application (which was EXACTLY the same as the SABA app, just the name at the top was different) and pay another $75. From what I've researched in the posts from others who reapplied, it seemed like they got a chance to interview...well, today, I got a reject letter from MUA. If they weren't going to offer me at least a chance, why did they suggest it in the SABA reject letter in the first place?? I even applied for the Jan 2008 class, not the upcoming Sept class...I feel like I just got tricked into paying them more money for another rejection. I thought I would have at least gotten an interview, especially if saba recommended me to that school like that, even forwarding MUA my file and all. Can anyone give me any insight to this situation, and what I should do? Would it be a good idea to email MUA and ask why I was referred to the school by SABA and ask why I was rejected? Thanks to anyone who can help me with any advice.

See this is a good post for everyone that thinks you just need a credit score and a radial pulse to be accepted. Saba actually rejects quite a few because theres only 70 seats for around 1500 applications. Students at Saba dont think too highly of Nevis, we consider it the "****** school". Those students end up right next to us at graduation, so who has the last laugh? I guess they do....:laugh: You really can't go wrong with either school.

Apply to another school like AUA,SMU, SJSM, ect.

What are your stats?

To be accepted you need 2.7 GPA and an MCAT of 24 for most, the ones I mentioned do not need an MCAT per say. God Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Becoming a great doctor comes from hard work and a lot studying. Just don't give up. You will be a doc if it's in you.

Good Luck.

Becoming a great doctor comes from hard work and a lot studying. Just don't give up. You will be a doc if it's in you.

Good Luck.

Intelligence and natural-ability certainly play a role as well.

With that said, I'm surprised you were rejected so quickly from MUA, OP. Does sound like Saba totally played you :laugh:

In all seriousness, though, I'd call up MUA and beg them for a spot (if you really want to go there). I was under the impression a rejection from Saba = acceptance at MUA. Maybe they shuffled your app in the wrong pile or something? Your stats are...?