Sacred Heart University interview

Started by Dptappl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dptappl

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an upcoming interview at Sacred Heart . If anyone has had an interview at SHU could you please share your interview process, questions, and thoughts about SHU PT program. I am bad at interviews, I know I'm suppose to just be myself but it's nerve wrecking! Thank you
 
Just be yourself, i was nervous too but after meeting the faculty and current student they made us feel at ease..Goodluck!!
 
I have an upcoming interview at Sacred Heart . If anyone has had an interview at SHU could you please share your interview process, questions, and thoughts about SHU PT program. I am bad at interviews, I

Hey , I have applied to sacred heart and would like to know your stats if you don't mind. Can you tell me what are my chances based on ur experience .
Undergrad overall : 3.40
Pre req : 3.38
Ptcas science : 3.48
Grad school GPA : 3.77
1000+ hours
I ll really appericiate your feedback . Thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cumulative GPA: 3.62
PTCAS Prereq GPA: 3.87
Hours: 1000+ outpatient, 10 inpatient children's hospital, 20 Skilled Nursing Facility
GRE: no good, luckily SHU doesn't require GRE
 
Cumulative GPA: 3.62
PTCAS Prereq GPA: 3.87
Hours: 1000+ outpatient, 10 inpatient children's hospital, 20 Skilled Nursing Facility
GRE: no good, luckily SHU doesn't require GRE
Hey Have you heard anything from them? I am getting nervous now
 
Hey Have you heard anything from them? I am getting nervous now

Hey, I have an interview there next week. The email came with 6 interview dates and times and I was given the choice of selecting which I would be able to attend. The final 3 interviews are all next week. My guess is that they will send out their first offers based on those interviews and then schedule more according to the number of acceptances they receive
 
Hey, I have an interview there next week. The email came with 6 interview dates and times and I was given the choice of selecting which I would be able to attend. The final 3 interviews are all next week. My guess is that they will send out their first offers based on those interviews and then schedule more according to the number of acceptances they receive
Hey Do you mind sharing your stats, and when you received the interview invitation email from them?

Thank you
 
Hey Do you mind sharing your stats, and when you received the interview invitation email from them?

Thank you

Major: Health Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.92 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.92 (PTCAS)
GRE: V 159, Q 154, AW 4.0

Observation hours: about 100, done in multiple settings - both inpatient and outpatient

Received the email about 2 weeks after the application deadline
 
Can anyone in this thread give a little insight about the interview and what to expect? Any info/advice would be amazing! I have an interview this upcoming weekend!
 
This thread is a bit dated but it has good info on the the interview style and questions, which I doubt has changed much. I spoke with the director back in September during the pt virtual fair and she basically said something similar. Remember though that first priority goes to students in their pre-pt program and the class size is 65. Can't remember the exact number but I think the director said that they received about 500 applications last cycle and interviewed around 150-200 applicants for the remaining spots

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/sacred-heart-university-interview.797203/
 
This thread is a bit dated but it has good info on the the interview style and questions, which I doubt has changed much. I spoke with the director back in September during the pt virtual fair and she basically said something similar. Remember though that first priority goes to students in their pre-pt program and the class size is 65. Can't remember the exact number but I think the director said that they received about 500 applications last cycle and interviewed around 150-200 applicants for the remaining spots

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/sacred-heart-university-interview.797203/

Hey I just got an acceptance today. The email said there were 40 spots left and 300 interviewees.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well that's discouraging.. I interviewed on December 13th and still haven't heard anything. At least notify me if I'm on the wait list or rejected, because this waiting is torture

It is torture. I think i got waitlisted but Ms. Kathy only contacted me today ever since the interview. I emailed and called before and got no reply.
 
I also got an acceptance yesterday, and interviewed on the 17th of January! I'm so excited- have you guys decided if you will accept or not?
 
I did accept and sending my deposit soon, but im still waiting for other schools. My first acceptance is from sacred heart. Have you decided to accept yet?

I do think I'm going to accept- now I'm looking at housing and I thought it would be cool to talk to other "would be" students. I have two other acceptances but sacred heart was one of my favorites.
 
Well that's discouraging.. I interviewed on December 13th and still haven't heard anything. At least notify me if I'm on the wait list or rejected, because this waiting is torture

I interviewed December 13th, and have not heard anything. Did you get an email on your acceptance or a letter in the mail?

Most schools seem to send out their acceptances in waves. I know Sacred Heart sent out a wave of acceptances a few weeks ago so I assumed I was rejected...until yesterday. Maybe they are waiting until the class is close to being filled to send out waitlist and rejections? That's my best guess.

Good luck though, I'm sure there's another round of acceptances coming soon!
 
Well that's discouraging.. I interviewed on December 13th and still haven't heard anything. At least notify me if I'm on the wait list or rejected, because this waiting is torture
Hey i know how u feel, i interviewed on 17th Jan and still have not heard anything from them. It is discouraging. I hope we hear something soon. Do you mind sharing ur stats. My stats are in this thread, if u want to look at it. Thank u
 
I also got an acceptance yesterday, and interviewed on the 17th of January! I'm so excited- have you guys decided if you will accept or not?
Hey congrats on acceptance, Do you mind sharing ur stats, so i can determine if i have chance of getting in or not. Thank u so much
 
Sure, no problem, hang in there rmp- I've talked to a few others who are thinking about declining their acceptances which will open a few more spots
Undergrad GPA: 3.48 (PTCAS)
Upper level GPA: 3.87
GRE- 150V 148Q 4.0 writing

350 hours in various PT settings.
I didn't think I had much of a chance but the interview went well and I'm assuming that's why?

Hey congrats on acceptance, Do you mind sharing ur stats, so i can determine if i have chance of getting in or not. Thank u so much
 
University: University of Oregon
Major: Human Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.45
GRE: 151V, 150Q, 4.5 AW
Observation: 60 hours outpatient

Applied: Northeastern, Sacred Heart, Hartford, UConn, George Fox, MCPHS, Boston University

Accepted: MCPHS (declined)
Rejected: George Fox, BU
Waitlisted: None yet

Not feeling too confident about getting in to the last 4 schools I applied to. If I don't, I'm going to put off PT school and apply to ELM AT programs and get that degree out of the way first

Curious, why did you decline MCPHS?
 
@KD8 thank you for the info, i have been checking my email every minute lol. im assuming im on the waitlist as well or just denied
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@KD8 thank you for the info, i have been checking my email every minute lol. im assuming im on the waitlist as well or just denied
emDPT, I think KD8 meant Kathy was going to email those that interviewed back in December that haven't heard. She said they're still reviewing our Jan. 17 cycle of interviews/should hopefully hear by next week. 🙂
 
Kathy emailed me yesterday saying they're still waiting to make the decision and I should hear shortly. So hopefully we hear this week
 
Has anyone that's been accepted heard anything since sending in a deposit? I was sent a receipt but other than that I haven't heard anything else. I'm just curious if I should be reaching out to Kathy or waiting it out a little longer.
 
Yeah, she said that orientation packets will be mailed to us in April and then the facebook page will be set so we can get to know the other students admitted.