-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Sacred Heart University Interview
Started by Melanie726
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey I have applied to sacred heart for summer 2015.Did anyone else apply and get invited to interview? Know much about the program?
Do you mind shantung your stats :Did anyone else apply and get invited to interview? Know much about the program?
Mine are :
Undergrad overall : 3.40
Prerequisite : 3.32
Ptcas science GPA : 3.48
Graduate school GPA : 3.77
1000 + hours .
I will appericiate any feedback from you .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone in this thread have an interview yet? I have an interview this coming weekend, any input/advice would be great!
Hey ,Anyone in this thread have an interview yet? I have an interview this coming weekend, any input/advice would be great!
I have an interview next week too. And i am looking for some advise as well. when is your interview. Would you mind posting the question they ask you and your overall experience please. I will appreciate your help. I know the school focuses on problem based learning and wants us to prepare for the interview accordingly.
Thank you
My experience of the interview was that it wasn't exactly "conversational." You are paired with another interviewee for the one on one interview. It is certainly awkward. However, it's not terrible and don't expect super hard questions but definitely be prepared for questions based off your experience in observing PT and what not. There is a group interview too, which is set up like solving a "case". It won't be very hard... it's to show them how you work within a group of course.
What type of questions they asked ? Do you mind sharing few questions they asked you. Are you already accepted to the program? thank you so much for the help.My experience of the interview was that it wasn't exactly "conversational." You are paired with another interviewee for the one on one interview. It is certainly awkward. However, it's not terrible and don't expect super hard questions but definitely be prepared for questions based off your experience in observing PT and what not. There is a group interview too, which is set up like solving a "case". It won't be very hard... it's to show them how you work within a group of course.
Thank you
Copying my response from the other thread
This thread is a bit dated but it has good info on the the interview style and questions, which I doubt has changed much. I spoke with the director back in September during the pt virtual fair and she basically said something similar. Remember though that first priority goes to students in their pre-pt program and the class size is 65. Can't remember the exact number but I think the director said that they received about 500 applications last cycle and interviewed around 150-200 applicants for the remaining spots
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/sacred-heart-university-interview.797203/
This thread is a bit dated but it has good info on the the interview style and questions, which I doubt has changed much. I spoke with the director back in September during the pt virtual fair and she basically said something similar. Remember though that first priority goes to students in their pre-pt program and the class size is 65. Can't remember the exact number but I think the director said that they received about 500 applications last cycle and interviewed around 150-200 applicants for the remaining spots
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/sacred-heart-university-interview.797203/
I'm still waiting to hear what the final descision will be but I'm having a hard time not knowing! I interviewed on the 17th of January. Anyone hear back yet?
I'm still waiting to hear what the final descision will be but I'm having a hard time not knowing! I interviewed on the 17th of January. Anyone hear back yet?
Some people have been accepted already, so assume rejection or waitlist
.... Yeah thanks, that sure helps a lot.Some people have been accepted already, so assume rejection or waitlist
.... Yeah thanks, that sure helps a lot.
Hey, I interviewed on january 10th and I just found out i got accepted today. Don't lose hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted as well, weird thought it was a rejection....guess I was waitlisted
Thought of the same thing. So do you think about going?
Thought of the same thing. So do you think about going?
Doubt it, have better offers
Good for youDoubt it, have better offers
Good for you
Yea, not sure that PBL is the best fit for me, so I'm thankful for other offers. Congrats though, hope you have an awesome time there!
Yea, not sure that PBL is the best fit for me, so I'm thankful for other offers. Congrats though, hope you have an awesome time there!
Thanks! The waiting game torture is finally over for me. I feel for the others that are still waiting.
Thanks! The waiting game torture is finally over for me. I feel for the others that are still waiting.
I just saw in the other thread that you're still waiting on a few schools. Well I also let out a huge sigh of relief when I got my first acceptance.....definitely felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders
I just saw in the other thread that you're still waiting on a few schools. Well I also let out a huge sigh of relief when I got my first acceptance.....definitely felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders
Oh yes definitely... I knew that applying for PT school would be stressful and competitive but i didnt think it would this insane