SGU06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Status
Can someone give me a honest opinion on the security situation in Grenada? Are some areas safer than others? How is the safety situation in general on the island etc.

I read this recent post about situations in Dominica, and when people responded by saying some places were safer than others, and some are where 'bad things happen' I did not find this particularly reassuring about Caribbean schools in general.

But hey its cool, SGU in 2006 all the way. I'll bring a bat if I have to. Jk or am I? :smuggrin:

soopa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2002
Visit site
Status
SGU06 said:
Can someone give me a honest opinion on the security situation in Grenada? Are some areas safer than others? How is the safety situation in general on the island etc.

I read this recent post about situations in Dominica, and when people responded by saying some places were safer than others, and some are where 'bad things happen' I did not find this particularly reassuring about Caribbean schools in general.

But hey its cool, SGU in 2006 all the way. I'll bring a bat if I have to. Jk or am I? :smuggrin:

The situation in Grenada is relatively safe. Safer than most cities in the US. After the hurricane, SGU has even more security guards on campus and at night, most of them have police dogs to accompany them.

I've been here for a year now, have to finish up 4th term Path to move on!!!! And it's been fun with a lotta hard work.