Safety glasses.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for eye protection that I can order? I'm willing to pay a little bit of money for this, for sure - but I want something that's not going to fog up, and not look ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad.

31wgdespzvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a pair of oakley exactly like the pic above. It is about 100 but they work great, and you look cool.

I wear my thick rimmed glasses which protect my eyes and make me irresistible to girls...then again I work in Brooklyn

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry, homeboy... always hated those things. Especially for lac repair.
Why? If they fog up, you've got the mask tied wrong. Loose at the bottom, pinched at the top. That way the hospital pays for it, and if it gets bloody, you throw it away. Also, it protects your nose and mouth.

I wear my thick rimmed glasses which protect my eyes and make me irresistible to girls...then again I work in Brooklyn

Brooklyn, ah? Just read about you in The Post. It's not the thick rimmed glasses, it's those sexy beard plugs you got put in. Trendsetter, you.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/25/hipster-wannabes-forking-over-thousands-for-facial-hair-transplants/

"It’s shear madness! Brooklyn’s hipster beard craze has grown so popular that men in New York are rushing to doctors for “facial hair transplants” — surgery that helps make beards look thicker and less patchy, sources said.
Stubble-challenged guys are forking over up to $8,500 for the beard-boosting procedure, which has spiked in popularity in recent months, plastic surgeons told The Post.
“Brooklyn is probably the nucleus of the trend, it’s the hipster ‘look’ guys want. If you have a spotty beard, and you let it grow out, it looks sloppy, ” said Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, a Midtown-based plastic surgeon.
“[Clients] want full beards because it’s a masculine look. Beards are an important male identifier,” he added.
Epstein performs two or three beard implants per week — up from just a handful each year a couple years ago, he said.
The specific hipster-inspired style — a lumberjack-meets-roadie hybrid — was made popular in neighborhoods such as Williamsburg, Bushwick and Park Slope, doctors and patients said.
One happy patient is Danny, 27, whose beard used to be so patchy, he was forced to “fill it in” with an eyebrow pencil, he said.
Two years ago, he paid $8,500 for the surgery, which he considers a fashion statement.
“I have a baby face but now I’m able to look older. My fashion statement is a little edgy, and I do like the ‘rugged look,’” he said,
He added, “It’s one of the best investments I’ve ever made.”
During the procedure, doctors remove hair from other body parts, including the head and chest, before implanting it in the face.
New beards grow back normally and can be shaved.
The hair-raising trend is also popular with female-to-male transgenders, Hasidic Jews, and guys who simply aren’t very hairy, doctors said.
“It’s the style. It’s just more common now to see scruff than 10 years ago,” said Dr. Yael Halaas, a Midtown plastic surgeon, who performs the procedure.
“We’ve been getting a lot more calls about it,” she said.
A 39-year-old New Yorker, who works in catering industry, got a beard transplant to make him feel younger, DNAinfo.com reported.
“I had contemplated [getting a beard transplant] for approximately eight months,” he said, “Knowing the results, I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time deciding,” he said."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Why? If they fog up, you've got the mask tied wrong. Loose at the bottom, pinched at the top. That way the hospital pays for it, and if it gets bloody, you throw it away. Also, it protects your nose and mouth.

Glare and crinklefest city.

Quite a few people in our diagnostic lab wear some by Smith and Wesson that are pretty sleek looking and apparently approved by the safety folks.