You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Saint Joseph SOP
Started by saaarah
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just received an invitation for the interview here
I just received an invitation for the interview here
Me too! They called me this morning and I was so excited I thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest!. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting for pharmcas to mail my application hoping and praying I get an interview
Hi Everyone,
Did they send you guys the link to the supplemental application. My Pharmcas application has been mailed on 9/10 but I have not heard back from them yet 🙁
You can access the supplemental here http://www.usj.edu/pharmacy
Also, If your PharmCAS was mailed on 9/10 (yesterday) it will most likely take at least a week or two for them to receive it and review it. I guess it also depends on how many applications they have. Don't worry, it is still really early...I am sure you will here back soon. 👍
SJU called me today and I'm super excited to have my first interview. =) What date/time are you guys going?
October 8th at 12:30. Congrats on your interview that's so exciting!!! This definitely one of my top choice schools so I am really hoping for the best 🙂
When is your interview?
I schedule my interview for October 8th at 8:30
I schedule my interview for October 8th at 8:30
hey how did your interview go? How was the Math problems and essay questions like? Please let know. I have my interview on Friday
October 8th at 12:30. Congrats on your interview that's so exciting!!! This definitely one of my top choice schools so I am really hoping for the best 🙂
When is your interview?
hey how did your interview go? How was the Math problems and essay questions like? Please let know. I have my interview on Friday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone! I apologize for the delay in responding. The interview was very very relaxed and casual. They have a pre-set of questions and they read off from the list. The math problem is super easy..just make sure you know how to do the basic math without the calculator. It takes them apprx 2 weeks to make a decision and I have been accepted =)
Congratulations on your acceptance! St. Joes does indeed have an excellent curriculum. It works so well!!! I am a P1 student and I cannot even begin to explain how much support we have! The transition into pharmacy school has been PERFECT thus far! The best decision I made=) Good luck to you all!
I just got the call today. I've been accepted!
Congratulations on your acceptance! St. Joes does indeed have an excellent curriculum. It works so well!!! I am a P1 student and I cannot even begin to explain how much support we have! The transition into pharmacy school has been PERFECT thus far! The best decision I made=) Good luck to you all!
Thank you for the info!!! 😀
Hi can you please share what kind of math and english questions you had.
Congratulations to everyone that's been accepted! I too have also been granted admission and secured my spot for next year.
Best of luck to those that have been invited for an interview! It was a pretty relaxed environment and everyone is extremely welcoming right from the start. The tests are relatively easy. For the essay, you get to choose from seven topics, all pharmacy related, nothing difficult. The math portion is cake compared to the pcat 🙂
Best of luck to those that have been invited for an interview! It was a pretty relaxed environment and everyone is extremely welcoming right from the start. The tests are relatively easy. For the essay, you get to choose from seven topics, all pharmacy related, nothing difficult. The math portion is cake compared to the pcat 🙂
what kind of questions were they asking you during the interview?
Fun fact, my boss's uncle is the dean of this school! If it wasn't so expensive I would seriously consider this school.
hey can u share ur experience with school. Thanks! 👍Thank you for the info!!! 😀
Questions were pretty general, nothing too difficult 🙂 Ie. why Saint Joseph, why pharmacy, etc. They really just want to get to know you, good luck to everyone!
Anyone else secured their spot for next year??
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!
I was just wondering from the students who have been great enough to have been accepted, would you mind if I asked you share what the different types of essay question options were there?
I have been doing a bunch of research but I am a poor writer when under pressure, I am scared that I am going to have brain farts with all the writing questions. I would greatly appreciate it if other Saint Joseph's interviewees share their essay questions, or anything that were odd on the list that was given to pick from.
Thank you so much in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an e-mail today that they've received my deposit!!! So excited to be going to this school!!! 😀😀😀😀
Hey Sarah, that's SOO EXCITING!!! I am glad you picked this school! thanks to you and some other SDN folks who helped me for my interview, i think the whole interview went fantastic. but i do not want to jinx anything because i was still surprised they invited me knowing my stats are so low.
I really loved the school, the curriculum, and the people! While i was there for 2.5 days i met sooo many nice and inviting people on and off campus. Coming from southern CA, i didn't think i would love it this much, but i can totally see myself living in Downtown Hartford!
not to jinx anything, but I REALLY hope i get into Saint Joseph...

I have an interview with this school this Thursday afternoon. Very nervous! 
This school is also my first Pharm.D. Interview and I would love to go here. I went to the open house on 10/25 and loved the campus.😍
I have met several of the students, both P2 and P1 and said that the interview is literally a casual conversation. Was it like that for you guys? Also how were the writing and math subtests?

This school is also my first Pharm.D. Interview and I would love to go here. I went to the open house on 10/25 and loved the campus.😍
I have met several of the students, both P2 and P1 and said that the interview is literally a casual conversation. Was it like that for you guys? Also how were the writing and math subtests?
I have an interview with this school this Thursday afternoon. Very nervous!
This school is also my first Pharm.D. Interview and I would love to go here. I went to the open house on 10/25 and loved the campus.😍
I have met several of the students, both P2 and P1 and said that the interview is literally a casual conversation. Was it like that for you guys? Also how were the writing and math subtests?
Congrats! You will do well I am sure!!! The interview is definitely laid back but not quite a casual conversation. They actually have a packet of questions they read from and take notes on your answers. The math and writing were not terribly difficult and as long as you can do basic math and write a one page essay you will have no problems! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!! 👍🙂
Congrats! You will do well I am sure!!! The interview is definitely laid back but not quite a casual conversation. They actually have a packet of questions they read from and take notes on your answers. The math and writing were not terribly difficult and as long as you can do basic math and write a one page essay you will have no problems! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!! 👍🙂
I just had it today and it went very well. 🙂
The interview literally became a conversation between me and two faculty members.
The math was easy; I did it in like 15-20 min. The writing took a little longer (I'll admit I froze a little as far as what to say).
And I enjoyed the campus tour and got to see the research lab (I said that I was very interested in doing pharmaceutical research as an elective during P2 and P3 year). So yeah I think it went well and the faculty members were very welcoming. 🙂
I was told I would hear a response in two weeks (maybe three bc of thanksgiving). Did you hear back in 2 weeks or a maybe a little earlier thn that?
I just had it today and it went very well. 🙂
The interview literally became a conversation between me and two faculty members.
The math was easy; I did it in like 15-20 min. The writing took a little longer (I'll admit I froze a little as far as what to say).
And I enjoyed the campus tour and got to see the research lab (I said that I was very interested in doing pharmaceutical research as an elective during P2 and P3 year). So yeah I think it went well and the faculty members were very welcoming. 🙂
I was told I would hear a response in two weeks (maybe three bc of thanksgiving). Did you hear back in 2 weeks or a maybe a little earlier thn that?
I am glad to hear your interview went well! It took 2 weeks for me to hear back after my interview. Good luck! 🙂
Hi there,
congratulations on everyone who was accepted 🙂 I will be having my interview pretty soon and was wondering what you recommend for preparation? Here are my questions if you kindly don't mind me asking:
- will the math and essay be written or on the computer?
- what level of math?
- what is the interview focused on? will they ask the typical "why do you want to become a pharmacist or more like why do you want to go to St. Josephs?" , will they mention that my PCAT is aweful but my grades are good (lol),
- I suppose I really have to look at their curriculum more closely and have an idea why I think they are awesome, right?
anything to help me prepare would be greatly appreciated
congratulations on everyone who was accepted 🙂 I will be having my interview pretty soon and was wondering what you recommend for preparation? Here are my questions if you kindly don't mind me asking:
- will the math and essay be written or on the computer?
- what level of math?
- what is the interview focused on? will they ask the typical "why do you want to become a pharmacist or more like why do you want to go to St. Josephs?" , will they mention that my PCAT is aweful but my grades are good (lol),
- I suppose I really have to look at their curriculum more closely and have an idea why I think they are awesome, right?
anything to help me prepare would be greatly appreciated
Hi there,
congratulations on everyone who was accepted 🙂 I will be having my interview pretty soon and was wondering what you recommend for preparation? Here are my questions if you kindly don't mind me asking:
- will the math and essay be written or on the computer?
- what level of math?
- what is the interview focused on? will they ask the typical "why do you want to become a pharmacist or more like why do you want to go to St. Josephs?" , will they mention that my PCAT is aweful but my grades are good (lol),
- I suppose I really have to look at their curriculum more closely and have an idea why I think they are awesome, right?
anything to help me prepare would be greatly appreciated
1. Both math and essay will be written
2. Level of math ranges from basic to calculus (but the calculus is relatively easy)
3. Interviewers will ask the typical questions like the ones you listed. They might ask for your score but that's about it. They want to get to know you as an individual more than anything.
4. Yes 🙂 Although the interviewers will explain the curriculum in greater detail during your interview, it's good to have some idea
Congrats on landing an interview and best of luck to you!
My application was mailed out yesterday. I'm hoping to hear back soon about an interview!
Hey anyone interviewing Monday Dec 10th? im flying out on the 9th and was wondering if anyone wants to spilt the hotel. so expensive 🙁((
Hey everybody!
Just had my interview last week! Hopefully I hear back from them soon! I'm really digging the curriculum and the faculty so this has to be one of my top choices! If anyone has any questions about the interview process feel free to ask!
Just had my interview last week! Hopefully I hear back from them soon! I'm really digging the curriculum and the faculty so this has to be one of my top choices! If anyone has any questions about the interview process feel free to ask!
Last edited:
Same!!! So excited!
Woohoo I received my acceptance phone call from Meredith today too! I was so excited because Saint Joseph is one of my top picks... but i just got accepted to South College in Knoxville TN too which i suprisingly really liked. I must make a pros and cons list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview tomorrow. I'm so excited. This is definitely one of my top schools. Anyone have any insight as to how long the actual interview takes?
I have my interview tomorrow. I'm so excited. This is definitely one of my top schools. Anyone have any insight as to how long the actual interview takes?
my interview was about 40-45minutes because i talked a lot. and 1 hour for both the math and essay section. good luck!
Hi Everyone!
I was wondering if anyone that's been accepted has received the background check e-mail yet or knows when we will receive it? I was accepted back in October and at the time Meridith said I would receive it in 2 to 4 weeks but I haven't gotten it yet...just hoping I didn't miss it. 😕
Thanks!
I was wondering if anyone that's been accepted has received the background check e-mail yet or knows when we will receive it? I was accepted back in October and at the time Meridith said I would receive it in 2 to 4 weeks but I haven't gotten it yet...just hoping I didn't miss it. 😕
Thanks!
Hi Everyone!
I was wondering if anyone that's been accepted has received the background check e-mail yet or knows when we will receive it? I was accepted back in October and at the time Meridith said I would receive it in 2 to 4 weeks but I haven't gotten it yet...just hoping I didn't miss it. 😕
Thanks!
Just got the email today. I'm also calling Meredith with questions regarding it. Also, as far as taking out loans for next year is concerned, has anyone done that yet or do we have to wait until Jan. 1st to be able to start doing that? 😕
Just got the email today. I'm also calling Meredith with questions regarding it. Also, as far as taking out loans for next year is concerned, has anyone done that yet or do we have to wait until Jan. 1st to be able to start doing that? 😕
Hmm that is weird...I wonder why I have not received it. Was the e-mail from certiphi?
As for loans, yes you have to wait until January 1st.