Saint Xavier Chicago- PrePharmacy Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FuturePharmD93

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone ever attend this school and get their pre-reqs/B.S. done here?? If so what schools did you get into? Please answer my question!! Thanks so much in advance.
 
I live about 15-20 mins away from the school. It's a private school = expensive...for the sake of just taking pre-requisites. But that's just a personal opinion.

Besides that, I don't think the school you attend is the issue. The issue is how well you build academic record or stats to positively correlate with your aim; which would be a pharmacy program in this case.

Simply keep your grades as high up as you can (especially the maths/sciences), wherever school you end up at. Also try to gain some volunteer/shadowing experience in any pharmacy setting. Hospital settings are always easier hunts for fresh starters with no "networks" elsewhere. At least, it was for me.

I hope that helps. Goodluck👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, did you take pre reqs? or did you just get a bachelors in sci?

When I first started my career journey, they had reserved a spot for me in their nursing program (bachelors) for a fall semester, while having me take a theology & two other social science courses as my final pre-reqs the preceding spring semester.

I withdrew from those courses immediately I got an acceptance call for the UIC nursing program. Because UIC didn't require I do those courses St Xavier had me doing, which were also mad expensive (almost $10K for just a semester).

But in any case, St Xavier was a good school. But I always recommend people take their pre-reqs at a community college....to save HUGE in tuition fees. Plus, if you're eligible for financial aid, you'll even be getting non-repayable incomes/refunds from PELL grants.

It might have worth going to St Xavier a lot more if they had a pharmacy program. That way, you'll have an edge when applying to their pharmacy program as a current student. But I'm not implying you shouldn't do your pre-reqs there. I'm just giving you my personal insights thus far.
 
Last edited:
Thanks!! On their website it says they do..I am hoping to get into a Dual Acceptance Program as well, it's even better. I re posted again to get other peoples view points!! Sorry!!