Saint Xavier (SXU) MSMS Program with Linkage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jmart81500

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the SXU SMP program in Chicago? Its an 11 month masters that offers linkage to 3 medical schools. On their website they say that the Top 20% of the class has guaranteed interviews to the "Ponce Health Sciences University MD Program" (yes I know it's in PR, yes I do speak spanish). They also advertise that if you get at least a 3.3 GPA in the program you get guaranteed interviews to "Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine" and "A.T. Still University".

It almost seems too good to be true that graduating with a strong GPA from this program can automatically bag me 3 interviews. Does anyone know anything about it or have any experience with the school/program?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about the SXU SMP program in Chicago? Its an 11 month masters that offers linkage to 3 medical schools. On their website they say that the Top 20% of the class has guaranteed interviews to the "Ponce Health Sciences University MD Program" (yes I know it's in PR, yes I do speak spanish). They also advertise that if you get at least a 3.3 GPA in the program you get guaranteed interviews to "Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine" and "A.T. Still University".

It almost seems too good to be true that graduating with a strong GPA from this program can automatically bag me 3 interviews. Does anyone know anything about it or have any experience with the school/program?
Keyword is interview. Doesn’t mean you will be accepted especially if you interview late in the cycle.

Hey did you ever find out more about this program or end up attending? I am interested in applying as well and it's hard to find others who have completed this program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey did you ever find out more about this program or end up attending? I am interested in applying as well and it's hard to find others who have completed this program.
I’m in JU MSMS program. We take classes with SXU, we’re both affiliated with PHSU. Overall, the program is okay, it’s a flipped classroom teaching. You’re guarantee an interview with LECOM, AT Still & PHSU STL/PR campus. A few people have gotten into medical school. The program(s) is still brand new about 2 years old.

I’m in JU MSMS program. We take classes with SXU, we’re both affiliated with PHSU. Overall, the program is okay, it’s a flipped classroom teaching. You’re guarantee an interview with LECOM, AT Still & PHSU STL/PR campus. A few people have gotten into medical school. The program(s) is still brand new about 2 years old.
Is the linkage kind of a scam? Like you get an interview but most people don’t actually get accepted to the med schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Is the linkage kind of a scam? Like you get an interview but most people don’t actually get accepted to the med schools?
Honestly, I don’t know how many got into LECOM and AT. I know for PHSU, if you get an interview or not, they prioritize the MSMS students for admissions, since it’s there MSMS program. I know a few who are going there. I’d say if you get an interview for the DO linkage, as long as you’re passionate and have a good interview you may get in. But as of now, I don’t know anyone who has got in. It’s still new.

Honestly, I don’t know how many got into LECOM and AT. I know for PHSU, if you get an interview or not, they prioritize the MSMS students for admissions, since it’s there MSMS program. I know a few who are going there. I’d say if you get an interview for the DO linkage, as long as you’re passionate and have a good interview you may get in. But as of now, I don’t know anyone who has got in. It’s still new.
Thx for the honest take.