ViggoViggo

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
Hi. I am new here, and I am considering pursuing a PA BS. I was wondering if some of you could help with salary information.

I live in NY, and would want to work in the NYC area. I would like to specialize in surgery - in particular, neurosurgery. If I were to start at a hospital or private neurosurgery practice after graduation, what might a reasonable starting salary be?

What about after 5 years?

After 10?

Thanks.

V

hospPA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2003
USA
Visit site
Status
ViggoViggo said:
Hi. I am new here, and I am considering pursuing a PA BS. I was wondering if some of you could help with salary information.

I live in NY, and would want to work in the NYC area. I would like to specialize in surgery - in particular, neurosurgery. If I were to start at a hospital or private neurosurgery practice after graduation, what might a reasonable starting salary be?

What about after 5 years?

After 10?

Thanks.

V
Below is from salary.com for medical physician assistant in ney york city. They do not specify specialties. Hope it at least helps some.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_compresult.asp?zipcode=&metrocode=119&statecode=NY&state=New+York&metro=New+York&city=&geo=New+York,+NY&jobtitle=Physician+Assistant+-+Medical&search=&narrowdesc=Healthcare+--+Practitioners&narrowcode=HC03&r=salswz_swzttsbtn_psr&p=&s=salary&geocode=&jobcode=HC07000009

Pat