salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ViggoViggo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am new here, and I am considering pursuing a PA BS. I was wondering if some of you could help with salary information.

I live in NY, and would want to work in the NYC area. I would like to specialize in surgery - in particular, neurosurgery. If I were to start at a hospital or private neurosurgery practice after graduation, what might a reasonable starting salary be?

What about after 5 years?

After 10?

Thanks.

V

Members don't see this ad.

ViggoViggo said:
Hi. I am new here, and I am considering pursuing a PA BS. I was wondering if some of you could help with salary information.

I live in NY, and would want to work in the NYC area. I would like to specialize in surgery - in particular, neurosurgery. If I were to start at a hospital or private neurosurgery practice after graduation, what might a reasonable starting salary be?

What about after 5 years?

After 10?

Thanks.

V

Below is from salary.com for medical physician assistant in ney york city. They do not specify specialties. Hope it at least helps some.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/...n_psr&p=&s=salary&geocode=&jobcode=HC07000009

Pat