salary increases with inflation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apediatrcian

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I work for a relatively large healthcare organization in the PNW and got my new base salary for 2022 - was a 0.5% increase from 2021. Just curious, is anyone's employer/practice increasing salaries to keep up with inflation? Was a little surprised that it didn't increase more, so just curious about others experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I work for a relatively large healthcare organization in the PNW and got my new base salary for 2022 - was a 0.5% increase from 2021. Just curious, is anyone's employer/practice increasing salaries to keep up with inflation? Was a little surprised that it didn't increase more, so just curious about others experiences.
We typically will get a 3% raise, but only when the budget is in the black (ie there were several years where there was nothing and often they say "Hey, hey... you get a raise this year. Next year? We'll see").

I haven't been faculty at my institution very long, but historically, they're done roughly annual cost of living increases. I don't think they got one last year because the hospital's balance sheet was off due to COVID, but usually, they do.