Salary Negotiation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thiskidhasit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey there!

I started at as a Pharmacy Manager in 2010 and have been making $52.50 an hour. No raises since I've started with this company, though I did get a bonus last year.

I am about to receive an offer with from another company as a Pharmacy Manager - I'm not sure how to go about negotiating my salary if I need to. I'm also not sure if my company has been underpaying me the past couple of years. I am located in the midwest. What are new graduates being offered now?

Help, guys!
It depends on what the demand for pharmacy managers is in your area...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a list of things you have done once you took over the pharmacy that has led to an improved bottom line and customer satisfaction? $52.50 seems low for a pharmacy manager, at least in my area.

Got roughly a $6.40 / hr raise with my new company! Roughly $1.20 of that rate was negotiated after their initial offer to me. Sell yourself, guys, and have confidence!
So they offered $57.40, and you got $58.60? That's pretty nice increase from your old job, an extra $13k pre-tax assuming 40hrs/wk. Congrats.

So now that you've done it successfully, any specific tips for salary negotiation?