salary q..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hashimoto

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are avg. salaries for pods?...which area/practice types are most lucrative?..salary after residency/>2-3 yrs?...

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hashimoto said:
what are avg. salaries for pods?...which area/practice types are most lucrative?..salary after residency/>2-3 yrs?...

thanks

All of the figures I am going to quote are from a 2002 survey which is linked below.

http://www.apma.org/s_apma/doc.asp?CID=11&DID=18636

Members who practiced podiatric medicine in 2001 reported an average gross income of $276,680 (median amount: $225,000). Members reported an average net income for 2001 of $134,415 (median amount: $112,500).

Also larger practices make more than small private practices. We just had a presentation that said that larger practices average income is about $200K.

Most pods are going w/ the 3 year route but there is no statistical data on income variation that I know of.

P.S. Are you related to Mr Hashimoto’ s thyroiditis? :D

Dr_Feelgood said:
All of the figures I am going to quote are from a 2002 survey which is linked below.

http://www.apma.org/s_apma/doc.asp?CID=11&DID=18636

Members who practiced podiatric medicine in 2001 reported an average gross income of $276,680 (median amount: $225,000). Members reported an average net income for 2001 of $134,415 (median amount: $112,500).

Also larger practices make more than small private practices. We just had a presentation that said that larger practices average income is about $200K.

Most pods are going w/ the 3 year route but there is no statistical data on income variation that I know of.

P.S. Are you related to Mr Hashimoto’ s thyroiditis? :D

These figures are representative of the 30% of APMA who responded to the survey. What about the 70% who did not respond?

Members don't see this ad :)
PublicHealth said:
These figures are representative of the 30% of APMA who responded to the survey. What about the 70% who did not respond?

Consider this 30% as a test sample. 30 out of 100 pods respond to the question of what they make in a year. Some maybe at 7 figures, others at only 5. Average them all together. In other words, I sincerely doubt that only the top earners or lowest earners participated. 100% participation would probably yield close to the same numbers. Ya follow??