Salivary mucocele

Started by lawhyno
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawhyno

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone had experience with Salivary Mucocele healing naturally without surgery?

I have a case that I have never experienced before:
The 7 month old German Shepherd had swollen salivary glands, fever, and acting lethargic. The patient didn't want to aggressively pursue the condition, took antibiotics and left. Two days later, the dog is feeling better, back to normal energy, but the region around the swelling salivary gland is extremely wet, as if the deposited saliva is draining/secreting through the dog's pores. Anyone ever experience this?

Is this the dog's immune system healing itself naturally? I always had the impression that the only way to treat a salivary gland infection was through surgery.

Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.