Salus University Optometry

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SKP957

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a Canadian undergraduate you student, looking to apply to Salus University for Optometry and would love to hear everyones experience there. Also how did some of the Canadian students finance their education? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I am a current optometry student at Salus. I love it here. Everyone's experience is different. As far as the interview and admissions experience: it was cool. The interview was more of a conversation than drilling questions. The tour is conducted by students so you get a chance to ask any questions.
As far as student life: Salus is located just outside of North Philadelphia. Housing is pretty reasonable in the area. (Roommates are encouraged to help bring down costs).
We have a lot of Canadian students in my class. I will confirm the financial aid process with them and get back to you.

Reactions: 1 user
That would be amazing. Thank you so much :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to one student and she says she used student lines of credit to cover the first two years. And she also got a regular bank loan. RBC, TD, and OSAP (if you are from Ontario) are places to look into. Let me know if you need anything else.

Did she apply for any scholarships either Canadian or American? or financial aid? Thank you :)

She said she was eligible. Not sure if she applied. I would encourage you to apply to as many as you can.