Program-Specific Info / Q's Salus vs Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

14ledfke

Reaction score
Hello! I recently received acceptances to both Temple university and Salus university. I really enjoyed both interviews and I’m torn which program I want attend. I would love some insight about the programs from current students or alumni! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Let me know if you choose Salus, we will be in the same cohort :)

Hello! I recently received acceptances to both Temple university and Salus university. I really enjoyed both interviews and I’m torn which program I want attend. I would love some insight about the programs from current students or alumni! Thanks

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application to temple and when you went for an interview and how long it took you to hear back from them? I just submitted my app on 11/14 and just wanted some insight. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application in early August. I didn’t hear back from them until early October. I was invited for an interview on 10/24. I received my acceptance on 10/31 (one week later!!!). However, I have sent my deposit to Salus so I will not be attending Temple. I am waiting to hear back from East Carolina University to see if I will receive an interview. They do not do rolling admission so I won’t hear back from them until 12/1. Then interviews aren’t until the new year and final decisions go out on 2/14.

Exciting! Sent my deposit to Salus last week! However, just waiting to hear back from one more school before making my final decision!
Hi! Congrats on your acceptance! I'm thinking of applying to Salus..I was wondering If you can share your experience at the campus/the faculty/location/interview etc. Thank you so much! (If anyone on the thread can share too that would be super helpful!)

I submitted my application in early August. I didn’t hear back from them until early October. I was invited for an interview on 10/24. I received my acceptance on 10/31 (one week later!!!). However, I have sent my deposit to Salus so I will not be attending Temple. I am waiting to hear back from East Carolina University to see if I will receive an interview. They do not do rolling admission so I won’t hear back from them until 12/1. Then interviews aren’t until the new year and final decisions go out on 2/14.

Thanks!! I’m putting a deposit down for Salus too! But waiting to see how Temple turns out before I make a definite choice.

Exciting! Sent my deposit to Salus last week! However, just waiting to hear back from one more school before making my final decision!

Did you all send your deposits to Salus my mail or is there another option? Today is technically my 15th day after acceptance so I’m going to call to see if there’s any grace period.

I will most likely be attending Salus too! :)

Did you all send your deposits to Salus my mail or is there another option? Today is technically my 15th day after acceptance so I’m going to call to see if there’s any grace period.
I probably wouldn't do that. I sent mine in within the period. Let me know if you end up attending :)

Hi! Congrats on your acceptance! I'm thinking of applying to Salus..I was wondering If you can share your experience at the campus/the faculty/location/interview etc. Thank you so much! (If anyone on the thread can share too that would be super helpful!)

A current student gave the tour. The campus is really small but unique in that it only has graduate students. The interview was laid back and awesome because it was blind. I actually only live about 15 mins away from Salus so I’m very familiar with the location! Center city is a straight drive down Broad Street probably 45-60 mins away from the school which is good because the area is relatively safe compared to areas closer to philly.

Hi do you mind sharing any info about the Temple interview? I’m interviewing on Thursday and I’m super nervous. First OT interview so I don’t know what to expect! Thanks in advance :)

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application to temple and when you went for an interview and how long it took you to hear back from them? I just submitted my app on 11/14 and just wanted some insight. Thanks!
Have you heard back from Temple?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard back from Temple?

No I haven’t heard back yet. They said since my interview was right before the holiday break (12/19) I wouldn’t hear back until mid Jan. So hopefully next week.

If you don’t mind me asking how long after you submitted your application did you hear back about Interviewing?

If you don’t mind me asking how long after you submitted your application did you hear back about Interviewing?

They emailed me that my app was complete and sent for review on 11/19 and then they sent me the invitation to interview on 12/12. Their interview schedule is a little weird. They had the first group on 10/24. And I was in the second group on 12/19. I was told there will be 2-3 more groups of about 50 people.

Did anyone do a virtual interview with temple? They invited me for an interview last night for literally next week and im worried about finding work coverage and missing class so soon but am worried not going would hurt my chances. Additionally was the tour good and worth going to?

Did anyone do a virtual interview with temple? They invited me for an interview last night for literally next week and im worried about finding work coverage and missing class so soon but am worried not going would hurt my chances. Additionally was the tour good and worth going to?
I did an in person interview, and being that I don’t know much about Philly or Temple, it was a great opportunity to see the campus and meet face to face with students and professors. If you get the chance to, I highly recommend visiting. It became my top choice and I was accepted! Good luck with your interview!! I was invited last minute and it was totally fine!

Hi,
I have an interview with Temple next week and was wondering if you could give me any insight on things to prepare/ what to expect??
I would really appreciate it.

Hi do you mind sharing any info about the Temple interview? I’m interviewing on Thursday and I’m super nervous. First OT interview so I don’t know what to expect! Thanks in advance :)

Can you tell me about your interview with Temple ?

Hi,
Do you mind sharing about your interview with Temple? I have one next week and am a little anxious on what to expect.

Hi,
Do you remember how your interview with temple went? I have one next week and don't really know what to expect.

Hi,
Do you remember how your interview with temple went? I have one next week and don't really know what to expect.
It was from about 10 am to 3:30pm mostly learning about the program and the professors and then broke off into small group interviews. After that we toured part of campus and then had the chance to ask current students and professors any questions. The interview questions were situational questions, such as “Tell me a time when you had a conflict with someone” They really just want to get to know your personality and everyone was really friendly. Good luck!!