Same PS for AACOMA and MBS?

Started by Adamb83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Adamb83

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Specifically at UMDNJ, can I just use the personal statement I wrote for medical school? I spent a lot of time on it and believe it will be better than anything I write within the next week, but I'm afraid it isn't tailored to the individual program.

What do you guys think?
 
i sent a few emails to SMPs and they said that they accept med school personal statements.

but there are some smps that specifically ask for your career goals + how the school will further those goals so in those situations, you might want to rewrite with that school/prompt in mind.

edit: sorry but i just went through my e-mails and realized that they said it's OK if your letter of recs were written with med school in mind. so i gave you wrong info, i am not sure on their position regarding med school personal statements. i imagine it's not a big deal because that's why people apply to postbac programs anyway.