Samford University - MSOP Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evanc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who all is applying to Samford for this cycle? I'm finishing my undergraduate degree in Birmingham this year, and I know I'm applying to Samford for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

I will more than likely be applying to this school. One of my friends is going there this year. Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm somewhat concerned about my pcat score. Also, what is your degree in?

My PCAT Composite is a 96%, but my biology is really low in comparison (61%).

I am currently taking physiology, and I still have to take Cal 1 & Anatomy. Without those, my Math/Science GPA (they only take into account their prerequisites) is a 3.69 and my cumulative GPA is a 3.56, but I'm not expecting to get an A in physiology so it will go down.

My degree will be in Chemistry with a Biochemistry concentration.

My friend that just finished P1 said that she thinks PCAT isn't a major deciding factor, and anything above 50-60% is looked favorably upon.

Members don't see this ad :)
My PCAT Composite is a 96%, but my biology is really low in comparison (61%).

I am currently taking physiology, and I still have to take Cal 1 & Anatomy. Without those, my Math/Science GPA (they only take into account their prerequisites) is a 3.69 and my cumulative GPA is a 3.56, but I'm not expecting to get an A in physiology so it will go down.

My degree will be in Chemistry with a Biochemistry concentration.

My friend that just finished P1 said that she thinks PCAT isn't a major deciding factor, and anything above 50-60% is looked favorably upon.

That's an awesome school!

I applied to Samford, interviewed, and was wait listed..
I have a 3.4 GPA and 47 PCAT but was accepted to 2 other schools..
I would have to do 9 hours summer school to go here though, so it's not really high on my list