Samford University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrispharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I did not notice a thread yet for Samford has anyone applied there?

Members don't see this ad.

Sending my supplemental off today. Have you already applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess there are not many people interested in this school?

I sent in my supplemental app 2 days ago. Hopefully i will hear back from them sometimes soon.

I went to an interview on Tuesday, Feb 7th. When I arrived we had time to talk with current students, followed by a quick tour. The actual interview was very laid back and conversational. They focused a lot on the PharmCAS essay and their supplemental app essays. They went by what I had written to have things to talk about. The campus is absolutely beautiful. Overall I had a great experience. Now I'll just sit around and wait!!

Got my interview request today for March 1, March 6, or March 8. Anyone else hear any news? All my materials got to them 2-13-12. Pretty fast, I was definitely impressed! So excited!

I had mine this week and they said the admission committee was going to meet today so people who have interviewed before today should hear back today or tomorrow.

Does Samford take many applicants who did attend undergrad there?

dicecon, yeah they do. I was an outsider and still got interviewed and accepted there.

dicecon, yeah they do. I was an outsider and still got interviewed and accepted there.

I did not do any undergrad there and I got accepted as well.

hdwivedi, I see you have applied all over are you going to Samford?

Yes, I did apply all over the nation. I searched about 2 weeks for all the pharmacy school that I wanted to go to. I basically applied 3 as a backup and some as per my aspirations. Samford is a decent school but I am going to Ohio state Univ! Ranked #5 in the nation.

Those who have gotten accepted... when were your interview dates and when did you find out your acceptance? I interviewed on February 7th and still haven't gotten a letter. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have gotten accepted... when were your interview dates and when did you find out your acceptance? I interviewed on February 7th and still haven't gotten a letter. Thanks!

They sent an email saying that a letter would arrive in 7-10 days, did you check your email?

I got interviewed on the 9th Feb, Thursday. I heard back on the 17th Feb that I was accepted. You can always contact John Parker or Bruce Foster, they should be able to answer you. hope that helps.

Got my letter today. I'm on the waiting list. Congrats y'all!

I have an interview coming up on march 10th. Has anyone had a weekend interview yet? I was curious to see if it was any different than a weekday interview.

I have an interview coming up on march 10th. Has anyone had a weekend interview yet? I was curious to see if it was any different than a weekday interview.

I also have an interview on March 10

My PCAT and GPA were pretty average. 3.2 GPA with 57 on PCAT. Nothing great (just average), and I had an interview, but was put on the waiting list. I also have years of experience as a pharm tech. My interview went really, really well so I am wondering if it is my average stats that got me on the waiting list or not. Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully a space will come available for you. Did they focus on you activities/community service any or do you feel it's strictly on gpa and pcat?

They didn't focus at all on my activities or community service. They did want to know what kind of activities/service I was interested in doing if I were a part of their program though. They focused mostly on my work experience but I'm sure that it is because I have had so many years of work experience. I'm pretty positive that it was my GPA and PCAT. Taking in to consideration that everything went as well as it did, I know that my stats just do not stand out enough. No worries though. I have been accepted to another program although I did absolutely love Samford.

Where else have you been accepted? My gpa is the same as your gpa after my fall semester and without my spring and summer classes.

I have been accepted to South College in Knoxville, TN. It is a brand new program. They just got precandidate accreditation in January. It's an accelerated three year program also. The school is really small, and class size is pretty small. Even though I got on the waiting list, I think this school is the best for me... I'm pretty excited!

Got my acceptance letter/e-mail today everyone! I'm so excited and thrilled to be a part of the class of 2016! Interviewed on March 6th and found out today. I heard the committee met today, so anyone that has interviewed recently should hear something in the next few days.

Got my acceptance letter/e-mail today everyone! I'm so excited and thrilled to be a part of the class of 2016! Interviewed on March 6th and found out today. I heard the committee met today, so anyone that has interviewed recently should hear something in the next few days.

that was really fast only a two day wait!

Congratulations.

I got accepted on friday! yay! this thread is very quiet compared to others. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook set up for this year yet?

I got accepted on friday! yay! this thread is very quiet compared to others. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook set up for this year yet?

i received an email from the school that said there was a facebook page i will get it and copy it here when i get time.