Samford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megrxgirl

megrxgirl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you Samford applicants, have you heard anything? Anyone gotten an interview or rejection? Just curious as to how many they have invited for an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything, but they are waiting on my Jan PCAT...

megrxgirl said:
For all of you Samford applicants, have you heard anything? Anyone gotten an interview or rejection? Just curious as to how many they have invited for an interview.

I have an interview on March 3rd... if I can glean any additional info. from the "powers that be", I'll make sure to pass it along :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Julianne said:
I have an interview on March 3rd... if I can glean any additional info. from the "powers that be", I'll make sure to pass it along :)

thanks, that would be great!

megrxgirl said:
thanks, that would be great!

Hi again -

I had my interview today and was told that they will be interviewing and making decisions for at least another month, probably longer. I have a fellow classmate who was waiting for her January PCAT scores to come in and she was assured that there would still be spots available for folks in her situation. You might want to consider calling Jon Parker or Bruce Foster and asking when the whole process will be "officially" over. FWIW, I will know whether or not I've been accepted in two weeks...

Good luck to you!

megrxgirl said:
Just curious as to how many they have invited for an interview.
i think they interview around 300

they might be close to halfway?

I got an email from them saying my file was complete, I was wondering how long it took for them to give you an interview invite??

Kris10h said:
I got an email from them saying my file was complete, I was wondering how long it took for them to give you an interview invite??

Kris,

I completed my supplemental application and sent it in around mid-December, received the email letting me know that my file was complete mid-January and got the interview invite in mid-February. However, I know of some folks who sent in their stuff after me and got a reponse before I did (and vice/versa). I have no idea how long the "average wait time" is, though - sometimes I think they are inconsistent on purpose just to keep everyone guessing :)

I had an interview around mid Feb. and I was accepted 2 weeks later, I have had two friends interview this month so far. Hope you all get good news. I'll probably be going to Samford, I really liked the faculty that I met and the campus was awesome.

Good Luck

EDF5 said:
I had an interview around mid Feb. and I was accepted 2 weeks later, I have had two friends interview this month so far. Hope you all get good news. I'll probably be going to Samford, I really liked the faculty that I met and the campus was awesome.

Good Luck

Congrats! Did you apply to any other schools? I actually received my acceptance letter from Mercer today and I should hear from Samford around the 16th or so... it'll be a tough choice for me if I am offered a spot at both places, but I'll take that kind of stress anyday :D

For those who have been invited to interviews, what are your stats, I'm just curious. Playing the waiting game is getting old.

Kris10h said:
For those who have been invited to interviews, what are your stats, I'm just curious. Playing the waiting game is getting old.

I'm relatively new to this site so let me know if I leave something out...

GPA 3.95
PCAT 75
Experience 6yrs.
No prior degree
Applied to: Samford (interviewed 3-3), PBA (interviewed 2-24), Mercer (interviewed 2-3 and accepted today!), and UofGA (no response as of yet)

Kris10h said:

gpa 3.4
PCAT 79
B.S. Chemistry
3 years certified pharmacy tech.
applied to: UK, UT (accepted), South University (interviewed), Samford (accepted)

Don't worry, I"m sure you'll hear something from them. It's a great school with a lot of nice people who seem to really care. I'm totally excited about going there next year. I just have to find a roommate now, if you all know anyone looking for one, let me know.

Julianne said:
Congrats! Did you apply to any other schools? I actually received my acceptance letter from Mercer today and I should hear from Samford around the 16th or so... it'll be a tough choice for me if I am offered a spot at both places, but I'll take that kind of stress anyday :D

Thanks a lot, I got into University of Tennessee as well and yeah, it was a tough decision, but I felt more comfortable at Samford so that made my decision. Maybe I'll see you next August, good luck!

I just got my invitation for an interview at Samford!! I'm so excited!

Kris10h said:
I just got my invitation for an interview at Samford!! I'm so excited!

way to go!:D