SamfordBound and Down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chakapow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Samford in AL. Did anyone else?

“Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless” -Kenny Powers

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, but I thought about it.

"Kenny Powers is the Christ figure that they perceive me to be!" -Kenny Powers

I did... Havent heard anything... I figure its a longshot for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed last week.. waiting to hear back.. the visit was great, seems like the school has a lot to offer and I have heard nothing but good things from friends already in the program.

Interviewed last week.. waiting to hear back.. the visit was great, seems like the school has a lot to offer and I have heard nothing but good things from friends already in the program.

Wow. I thought they started the interview process in mid-to-late January. If you could, please elaborate on your experience. Did a writing section get incorporated into the interview? Have they had many interviews for 2015? Thanks and Good Luck!

I believe the earlier interviews are mainly for people who have already graduated.. don't hold me to it though.. and the interview process was very laid back, but I feel like they get what they need out of you. Basic questions about why you chose the career path and particular school. Then my interview was basically to judge my character and behavior along with personality and social skills I believe. There was a writing section, but it was more or less to make sure you are competent in your writing and that the same person who did the applications is there at the interview I think. The whole process was very informative of the school and you have a chance to talk to current students and get honest answers. Great experience and it certainly re-affirmed why they are my first choice.

ACCEPTED!:thumbup:

Awesome!! It's always such good news to hear people getting into pharm school! Do you have any other interviews or are you going to stick with Samford? Congratulations!

Thanks! Well I only applied in state and feel pretty confident I would get an interview to Auburn but they told me the earliest interview was going to be late January so I am going to just defer and not turn in my supplemental app there.. and go ahead and pay to hold my seat at Samford. I don't really like the way it works if you are interested in multiple schools because you may just be throwing away a few hundred dollars if you decide to go elsewhere.. luckily I got accepted to my first choice, first. Hope everything works out well for everyone else!! Best wishes!

Got my interview invite last week.

I received an email for an invite last week. I will not be attending for several reasons. I know how terrible the waiting game can be. I just wanted to inform you that emails are being distributed. Best of luck! I hope you get in!

I have sent in all of my application materials and am waiting on an interview invite. Any other interviews completed yet??

I received my interview invite today and have an interview next week. For anyone that has interview, how did it go? I know there is a writing section along with a tour. What was the hardest interview question they asked??

I received my interview invite this past Monday and set my interview up for Saturday. Has anyone else heard about your status and what was the interview like? I'm really excited and slightly nervous but worried that I got in too late on the interviewing process.

Congratulations Rod2 on your acceptance! Thanks for posting your experience, also. I hope I get to see you this Fall! Good luck to everyone else, I know how you feel. :)

It went all right. They asked some basic questions. Overall I would say it was mediocre, it could have went better. I just got my letter and I am on the waiting list until April 25th when I get my actual decision letter. I think sending in my application last minute hurt my chances of getting an acceptance. Does anyone know how many get accepted from the waiting list at Samford?

Pharm15, how'd your interview go?

I thought mine went okay as well. I was placed on the waiting list until April 25th but got an email friday that I had been accepted.